JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing in this incident should justify threats.

Would one be better off to avoid flipping her off? Sure...probably shouldn't have....

Remember you arent going to jail for the bird but she could and possibly should for her threats!

Don't shift the blame for this incident. Nothing excuses her if the scenario went down as explained!

T_H

Exactly.

How did we get in to dogs biting people? Lol a lot of dogs bite people each year. Im not sure why thats relevant to my confrontation with this lady. I just wanted to let you guys know what kind of dog I have simply cause Im a dog lover. I love rotties too. Very smart dogs. When it comes to dogs training and socialization are very important. ANY dog neglected of these things can be troublesome.

Maybe she or someone she knows has been bitten. The only real reason for leash laws is exactly this.. not justifying her stupidity, just sayin

As several people have said you just need a thick skin and sense of humor unless you see a rifle barrel poking out the window :gun18:

I have stories about crazies like this that would curl your hair as we have had Rotties since 1985

As long as you clean up his "treasures" so I don't find them, I could care less what you do with your dog.

That's my one and only "dog owner pet peeve". I find it completely rude of people to let their dog crap in someone else's yard or a public place and not clean it up. I mean, heck, how would you feel if I dropped a bag of diapers on your front lawn?

Eh I just think some people need to learn to mind their own business. People spend way too much time trying to control what others do. I flipped her off. I was telling her to mind her own business.Which she should have been. I wasnt doing any harm or causing any trouble. I was playing fetch with my dog. Either way I have never threatened to kill anyone over them giving me the bird. Not even close.

It is her community too. She has a right to call someone out for breaking the rules (petty as it may seem). For all you know either she herself, a loved one or one of her own pets has been injured by a dog that was not on the leash.
You should have more integrity than to flip someone off for such a minor affront.
There are plenty of conversations here about civility in society. Hopefully members of this community would take the high road and be a part of the solution rather than adding fuel to the fire.
Not to mention the small fact that in this day and age you never know if some out of balance person is going to go beyond just a threat. All over a simple leash violation. Its not worth it on behalf of either party.

That's too funny(edit - i am talking about people telling you to smile and wave sorry, it's early).

We were just talking last night about how sometimes it's better to provide a big smile and a friendly wave in response to angry bs (even if you are an angry person like me and cursing their druggie mothers for not having that abortion .......under your breath). Used to have a guy I worked with tell me all the time about how he handled road rage in this manner (learned it from his truck driving father apparently) -we worked out of service trucks, and always had to worry about company image and liability (would have everything from people trying to get rear-ended via cut and duck to random road rage rejects trying to force you off the road and spewing obscenities). Sometimes their response alone is worth it - occasionaly they just start twitching and don't know what to do if you don't gratify them with that conditioned response that justifies them. Kinda like walking away from a fight before it happens, only getting to laugh in their face and walk away with a smile lol.

Usually not on the welcome wagon but welcome to the forum....

When I got my concealed carry permit 15 years ago, I gave up my right to escalate a potentially threatening situation by flipping people off. Its actually good advice to follow whether you are carrying or not. The better response is to just smile and say something nice to them, or dont say anything at all. That being said, she was completely out of line making threats to you over a raised digit and a border collie chasing a ball in the park.

welcome to NWF ! weeeeeell, it looks like everyone got a few things off their chest on the one post ! you'll learn to wear your "waders & thick skin" on some of the foums ! LOL! you get a chanch.....check out some of the "stickys" it'll help ya get around the site easier....enjoy !!

steven

Eh I just think some people need to learn to mind their own business. People spend way too much time trying to control what others do. I flipped her off. I was telling her to mind her own business.Which she should have been. I wasnt doing any harm or causing any trouble. I was playing fetch with my dog. Either way I have never threatened to kill anyone over them giving me the bird. Not even close.

I have chased a guy down in a designated off leash area riding his bike for threating to shoot my dog when she chased him the threat alone was enough to make me want to put him in the hospital she is family....I always figure if a guy flips me off he is extending me an invitation to a fist fight. If I flip someone off I am extending the invitation to a fist fight.

I don't think I would have flipped her the bird but would have told her to mind her own business.

and welcome.

As long as you clean up his "treasures" so I don't find them, I could care less what you do with your dog.

That's my one and only "dog owner pet peeve". I find it completely rude of people to let their dog crap in someone else's yard or a public place and not clean it up. I mean, heck, how would you feel if I dropped a bag of diapers on your front lawn?
I've cleaned up "treasures" in the apt complex I live in... and returned them to the origional owners as a gift. Not last week I handed a paper bag to a fellow resident full of her dogs crap, that id been saving, and reminder her that as much as I love animals, when your dog runs out front of my apt deck, and craps its body mass in front of my labrador, who beleives full well all small dogs are to be persued at a high rate of speed, you should be with it to clean it up. Also that if I had to go visit our resident office I've video many times of her dog crapping, and then running back to her apt. I've noticed a very nice, poop bag holder with a flash light on the lead she now uses.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews