JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Born and raised in Portland Oregon.

Someone threatened to kill me and my dog today. Interesting experience actually.

Let me set the mood for you . . . Im at a park around noon, Little to no people in sight, I let my dog off his leash and start playing fetch with him. Well about 15 mins into it this lady starts yelling at me from an apartment near the park. "Im going to call animal control! There are leash laws!". So I flip her off and start to walk away. At which point she says "Ill kill your dog! you want to see? and Ill kill you next pu$$y!" At this time I assume this lady is crazy and time for me to get on out of there.

I understand there are leash laws and I accept getting a ticket if I break said law. Thats a risk I take when I let him off the leash. However I think threatening to kill my dog and I is tad unnecessary.

For the record I have a 37lbs border collie mix . . . He just wants to play fetch.

People like that are normally quite comfortable with yelling threats at people from the relative comfort of their home. I would ignore the first time and if the person does it a second time, I would call the police and report the threats made, but in a way on the non-emergency line that is like - I just wanted to let you know this lady is doing this and, while I am not sure of her actual intentions, I did want to get it registered that she is doing this. I may not be the only one she does this too and it might be a symptom of a bigger issue, so better safe than sorry. And then just make sure you keep a good watch out when you are out that way (and also have protection). Just in case she is an actual nut case who will follow through on her threats.

That's what I believe I would do, but others may have other opinions (in fact I'm sure of it). You can likely discount it, but you can't be totally sure these days, so it is good to be somewhat wary.

If she does it again just say "Please don't kill my dog, I'm just getting ready to put him out to stud. Hey, you could be his first customer!".

On second thought, they could bust you for animal abuse then.

Very interested to know which park... One of my dogs ate poison at a park once (lived through it, thankfully). I like to avoid places that are known to be anti-dog in one form or another.

Very interested to know which park... One of my dogs ate poison at a park once (lived through it, thankfully). I like to avoid places that are known to be anti-dog in one form or another.

I dont think this park is anti-dog. I see other dogs here all the time playing fetch. This is my first incident here and I have been to the park multiple times.

I do the same with our well trained Rottweilers.. BTW border collies bite a lot of people every year.. some years ago one came out of nowhere and badly bit my lady in the leg as she was jogging.. she didn't have time to draw and that dog is fortunate I was not there

Welcome to the forum. (this is posted in the wrong spot btw)
That being said, you were both wrong.
If you flip someone off, what do you expect? a hug and a batch of cookies?
Her reaction was uncalled for and over the top, but so was the fickle digit IMHO.

Eh I just think some people need to learn to mind their own business. People spend way too much time trying to control what others do. I flipped her off. I was telling her to mind her own business.Which she should have been. I wasnt doing any harm or causing any trouble. I was playing fetch with my dog. Either way I have never threatened to kill anyone over them giving me the bird. Not even close.

I do the same with our well trained Rottweilers.. BTW border collies bite a lot of people every year.. some years ago one came out of nowhere and badly bit my lady in the leg as she was jogging.. she didn't have time to draw and that dog is fortunate I was not there

Border Collies are herders by breeding. Many times they will bite purely out of the herding instinct. Not excusing the actions of the dog or the owner, that's just what those dogs do.

Border Collies are herders by breeding. Many times they will bite purely out of the herding instinct. Not excusing the actions of the dog or the owner, that's just what those dogs do.

Yep, still the same blood soaked spandex pants and bite marks tho, regardless of why. IMO these dogs do not make good urban pets, especially with most irresponsible owners (neither do Rotties for that matter)

Welcome to the forum. (this is posted in the wrong spot btw)
That being said, you were both wrong.
If you flip someone off, what do you expect? a hug and a batch of cookies?
Her reaction was uncalled for and over the top, but so was the fickle digit IMHO.

The best reaction would have been to flash a very big smile at her. That would probably be worth more in irritation to her than a finger. And also, it would give a better position if talking to the police. When they question her, they ask, "why did you threaten him?" She could say, "He smiled at me so I had to threaten to kill his dog and him." :winkkiss:

Yep, still the same blood soaked spandex pants and bite marks tho, regardless of why. IMO these dogs do not make good urban pets, especially with most irresponsible owners (neither do Rotties for that matter)

They don't make good urban pets OFF LEASH. Dogs just do what they do, or what they aren't trained not to do. Heck, I had a male intact Brittany Spaniel when I was a kid. He was a bird finding machine, but he wasn't much of a pet. He was a working dog. I knew he was snippy and would never let him run off leash any time except when we were in the country hunting. Even when walking him on leash I wouldn't let him get near people. He was aggressive, but that's the way I wanted him for the job I had him for. Toughest little dog I ever owned.

How did we get in to dogs biting people? Lol a lot of dogs bite people each year. Im not sure why thats relevant to my confrontation with this lady. I just wanted to let you guys know what kind of dog I have simply cause Im a dog lover. I love rotties too. Very smart dogs. When it comes to dogs training and socialization are very important. ANY dog neglected of these things can be troublesome.

You should kill the lady and set her on fire...just kidding- I always wave politely and thank them for sticking their nose in business that has nothing to do with them. Or I kill them and set them on fire...

Nothing in this incident should justify threats.

Would one be better off to avoid flipping her off? Sure...probably shouldn't have....

Remember you arent going to jail for the bird but she could and possibly should for her threats!

Don't shift the blame for this incident. Nothing excuses her if the scenario went down as explained!

T_H

Unless the person has the: Intent, Means and Presumed Ability... Let the crazies be crazy...

Try not to escalate the situation, you never know who you are talking with (crazy cat lady or crazy eat you with a side a fava beans lady).

They don't make good urban pets OFF LEASH. Dogs just do what they do, or what they aren't trained not to do. Heck, I had a male intact Brittany Spaniel when I was a kid. He was a bird finding machine, but he wasn't much of a pet. He was a working dog. I knew he was snippy and would never let him run off leash any time except when we were in the country hunting. Even when walking him on leash I wouldn't let him get near people. He was aggressive, but that's the way I wanted him for the job I had him for. Toughest little dog I ever owned.

My dogs are heavily trained and will obey off leash and to hand signals. I would never have a Rottie otherwise. Of course in 99% of the cases we will see you are correct

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top