Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland gun show

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by sigman, Mar 16, 2010.

1. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

I read some where that Portland is having a gunshow this weekend. Is that true? I feel so stupid ,I forgot who puts on the show so I can't look it up. Thanks.

2. JC Weaponry

JC Weaponry Newberg, OR Member

3. DALE

DALE Boring, Oregon Member

?...Google: "Portland Gunshow". :)

This Friday, Saturday & Sunday at Expo.

4. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Collectors West puts on the show. Google them - you can get the schedule for the year. There's a 3-day show at Portland expo about every month.

5. satinwood

satinwood Portland Member

Show them your Bi-Mart card and get a discount.

6. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

I am not a cheap azzzz but I wonder why the show at the expo center has a $9 admission price. The parking is also on the high side so you spend darn near $15-20 just to get in the door so vendors can sell you stuff. They should pay us to come in to buy their products.

Expo parking was free for many years so its got to affect attendance to make people pay such a high price to attend.

Just me or do others balk at the cost?

Keiths or Gun Broker don't charge an admission fee or a parking fee. Sometimes I think we are becoming trained monkeys, learning to pay for commercials to sell us stuff. (Comcast!)

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Won't be going to this weekend's show. The last show was probably the smallest Expo center gun show I've been to and there's more non gun stuff every time I go. Not really into beany babies or cheap fantasy swords.

8. JC Weaponry

The last show was my best show in a very long time.

They had moved it into a BIGGER HALL so it looked smaller. (yes, it's true)

Not sure where the show will be this time, in Hall D or otherwise, but they are always great shows and many dealers look forward to stocking up before the show so they can have a larger selection for customers.

Many Customer will order a product from me and choose to pick it up at that show.

9. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

You know, I didn't even think about it being in a bigger hall, but you're right, it probably just looked smaller. Glad the last show was good for you. Just nothing I'm looking for right now.

10. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

yeah, I just ran the numbers over in my head... basically, $16 ($9 admission + $7 parking) to satisfy my cravings to browse guns and gun stuff, or, to buy ammo at a good price, I have to basically add $16 to the ammo I think I am saving on, plus the $4 of gas to get there.. so it kinda wipes out any cost savings I get at the show. I can get just a good a deal at bi-mart locally. But, I won't get to browse all the tables. hmmmmm

11. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Rose City has to rent the building so they charge venders for space, and us at the door. I figure my ammo buy makes up the diff. right away, but agree the parking fee is a rip at $7.00

12. JC Weaponry

Even the dealers pay.

I pay for Tables and Parking, and that ain't cheap.

13. BigBluePup

BigBluePup S.W. Washington New Member

I look at it more as cheap entertainment. I mean you can browse the gun show for a few hours pretty easy. Compare that to going to a movie, Or taking a date out... $16 is starting to sound pretty cheap lol

14. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

I view it as a social trip as much as a shopping trip. Usually my son and I go and occasionally I find something I didn't think I was looking for (like an IWB holster for the BHP on the last trip).

In addition to the admission and parking, I also have to add in the cost of lunch at Dancing Bare, which has become part of our show tradition. B-)

elsie

15. Krinkov

Krinkov NW OREGON Member

16. Snatch

Snatch Vancouver, Washington New Member

What exactly is the Bi-Mart discount when you show your card? Do they discount the multi-day pass as well?

Also is there multi-day discount on parking?

17. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Show your Bi-Mart card for $2.00 off ... Think it's a daily burn on parking.

18. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Show a Bimart member card and get two dollars off per day.

Multi-day parking pass is a lot cheaper per day than paying per day.

This info is two years old, but probably current....................elsullo

19. judicator

judicator McMinnville Active Member

I plan on going, just to see some familiar faces, maybe get some night sights installed on my carry gun, drool over the NFA gear, etc.

20. Snatch

Snatch Vancouver, Washington New Member

According to the details on the Expo Center event details, it says $2 discount showing the Bi-Mart card, but doesn't mention about each day. Parking makes no mention of multi-day discounts either: