JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a Portland or Beaverton (Westside, generally) gunsmith. Specifically, I'm needing someone to cut down an FAL barrel, rethread it, and install a compensator.

I've never used a gunsmith before, so don't know who around here is reputable. Would appreciate your input!

Tornado is as good as it gets for that kind of work. I've used him a number of times. Like said though, wait times can be long, but my thought has always been that perfection is worth waiting for... Mike is a good guy and will chat with you to make sure the outcome is as good as possible. He's come up with solutions a couple times for me that were even better than what I went in there hoping for.

I'll look into Tornado if I have need of some more involved work, but for my purposes, I think the wait time might exceed the technical requirements of simply correctly cutting the barrel and rethreading it.

Tornado tech seems to be the place, I've had a 10/22 bull barrel threaded there and it works great.. But the website still says they are not accepting rifle barrels, it's been that way for the better part of a year now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top