JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that ported barrels are more for fun than defense use, but they are very fun. The down side is the flash from the ports can ruin your night vision. I would not ever shoot it without eye protection. When I shoot mine at the indoor range it blows the dust and crap off the ceiling. You will also feel a little powder spray in your face.

In 45 acp, they make a big difference in muzzle lift. You will get follow up shots off faster and on target with a ported barrel. It's still as loud, if not louder, and I don't know that the recoil feels any less, but you don't get the muzzle flip. You can look at my 45's <broken link removed> . The smaller ported one has less muzzle flip than the les baer full size. The compensator on the Para race gun is a similar feel to the ported barrel.

Ok I went out and got the storm ported barrel. For my S&W M&P 45. I shoot it in the dark. At 50 ft. Side by side with the stock barrel. The grouping was smaller with the storm barrel. There was no more noise than the stock barrel. In the dark I could see fine. No blow back of Particles. Double tapping was quicker. Felt recoil was lesson. Muzzle rise was also less. This was with 230gr jp. 5.0grians win. Powder. All in all, not a big Improvement. But improvement there was. I like the storm lake ported barrel. Thank you all. For your in put.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top