JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What will the Army pick for their new SMG?

• Sig MPX

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Zenith Z5RS

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Colt Modular 9mm

• Beretta PMX

• CMMG Ultra PDW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • MARS-L9

• PTR 9CS

• Quarter Circle 10 LLC 5.5 CLT and 5.5 QV5

• B&T MP9

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
If they insist on not doing the smart thing and issue MK18s, they should at least stick an AR-based weapon for familiarity and simplified training. I would choose LMT MARS-L9 for that reason and the fact LMT has a proven record handling military contracts and their quality is tops Colt IMO. However, since the Army is doing the choosing they'll probably go with the Sig.

Last Edited:
My heart favors the MP5s...but I think they will find every excuse to pick the MPX so that is where my vote went. It will be interesting though to see how it holds up to testing.

E

I voted CZ and I do like Sig's. It seems to me the CZ has had less issues and is already used by armed forces in other countries. And with a 9mm a simple blowback design without a buffer tube makes sense. Imo

Zenith also is hands down the best option for a suppressor. The paddle magazine release is still IMO better than push button releases. And......the platform is proven.

E
And it's the sexiest looking gun of the bunch. I've put a lot of rounds through a suppressed Zenith and have no bad things to say about it. The 3-lug is the bomb. The action is butter. The sights are amazing. :s0116: MP5.

I gotta say a MK-18 or mod -11 would be the way to go, but the insistence on a sub gun makes me want a MP-5 10mm 9.5 barrel suppressed! Put the Mp5K handguard on it with intrageral light and you would have a sure winner across to board! :D

Retro. Like 70 years retro. USGI M2 Carbine. They made a few. Also made millions of the M1 Version. My M2 runs 100%. A kinda powerful dinky cartridge but a whole lot better than the 9mm. But .... why spend $100 bucks when our guv can spend $1000?

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws, NFA Laws And BATFE Rules Apply.

IMHO, while I like the .300blk alto I feel it should not be fielded in an environment where it maybe inadvertently get stuffed into a 5.56 chambered rifle by an inattentive soldier. Yes for those of you that have never seen the results of firing a 300blk in a 5.56 it can be done, the results are not good.

This is the exact same reason I don't use the same magazines in my 556 versus my 300 Blackout. My 556 only utilizes 30-round usgi magazines my 300 Blackout only utilizes 20 round pmags with markings depicting 300 BLK.

Sometime in the last year, the US SOCOM sent out a RFI for a product that would give Special Operators a PDW in .300blk....
US SOCOM Seeks New .300 Blackout M4A1 Personal Defense Weapon Conversion Kit - The Firearm Blog

If I were in charge of the procurement program of the subgun and pdw programs, I'd ask why can't these two competitions be merged into one, thus saving costs overall by scale, and simplifying supply? I mean, if one group is going to get a super compact AR variant with the M4 lower; why not use the same gun for the "subgun" requirement?

I'd ask why can't these two competitions be merged into one, thus saving costs overall by scale, and simplifying supply? I mean, if one group is going to get a super compact AR variant with the M4 lower; why not use the same gun for the "subgun" requirement?
Because that makes too much sense. We can't have that in our military.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top