JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
City
Las Vegas
State
Other
Looking for a SW Model 28-2 pinned 6" barrel in .357. I have a SW Model 27 pinned 6" barrel in .357 that I could trade, or I would be willing to buy the 28-2 barrel straight out. Mine is damaged due to squibs.

Thank you

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
What kind of damage? Maybe the one you have is repairable. Unless the frame is ruined, it should be repairable, I'd think. This is a common gun, parts are available. Barrel, for example on ebay:

I see barrels like this on ebay all the time. Hey, maybe this is the time to change to a four inch if you've ever wanted one in that length.

I've repaired Smith & Wessons several times, haven't yet changed a barrel but a gunsmith can do it.

There are sellers on ebay who have access to salvage from police departments that destroy guns. The frames get spoiled but all the rest of the parts are still good.

The damage is limited to the barrel. Looking down the bore you can see 5 rings (equals 5 squibs). The barrel is also bulged out at 2 of the rings meaning the guy I bought it from didn't remove the squib before firing another round. I'd say the guy was really lucky the barrel didn't explode. Other than that the frame and everything else is in good shape. I'm favoring a 6" barrel over a 4". There's a lot of 4"s on ebay for reasonable prices but not 6"s. Looking back a couple of months it appears 6"ers have sold for around $80 on past ebay posts. That's about the range I'm looking for. Not too concerned about the bluing (or loss there of) because I'm going to get the whole gun re-blued by someone I know here in town. I just want a barrel that has an excellent bore.

The damage is limited to the barrel. Looking down the bore you can see 5 rings (equals 5 squibs). The barrel is also bulged out at 2 of the rings meaning the guy I bought it from didn't remove the squib before firing another round. I'd say the guy was really lucky the barrel didn't explode. Other than that the frame and everything else is in good shape. I'm favoring a 6" barrel over a 4". There's a lot of 4"s on ebay for reasonable prices but not 6"s. Looking back a couple of months it appears 6"ers have sold for around $80 on past ebay posts. That's about the range I'm looking for. Not too concerned about the bluing (or loss there of) because I'm going to get the whole gun re-blued by someone I know here in town. I just want a barrel that has an excellent bore.
The guy here in town is also a gunsmith and can re-barrel the gun and head space it if needed.

That's about the range I'm looking for. Not too concerned about the bluing (or loss there of) because I'm going to get the whole gun re-blued by someone I know here in town. I just want a barrel that has an excellent bore.

Sounds like you're going to get your existing gun repaired. Good move if it's only the barrel. My inclination would be to try to get a barrel that had a finish close to your existing revolver and skip the reblue. Unless the blue is really bad on what you've got.

Stacking bullets in the barrel of a revolver isn't unique, I've seen some like you describe - with the bullets still stuck in them. Not any of mine, thankfully. Good luck in your project.

Good advice. The bluing on my 28-2 is pretty good. I have a 27-9 to play with until I find a barrel for the 28-2 so now it's just a waiting game.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top