JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are on a smaller budget for armor, and decide to go with steel plates, the best company out there is Steel Ops. Blows ar500 out of the water comparatively.

If you are on a smaller budget for armor, and decide to go with steel plates, the best company out there is Steel Ops. Blows ar500 out of the water comparatively.
There is absolutely zero reason to go with steel in today's age. Modern ceramic composite plates are extremely affordable now. Steel is for people who want to waste their money and don't know any better. Or who want to use it to workout......

I can recommend a pair of plates in any price range from 230 for the pair of shipped all the way up. And at 230 that's level 4 plates that are still lighter than any steel, nij certified, and multihit rated. RMA BAO or Hesco plates are the brands I would use.

There is absolutely zero reason to go with steel in today's age. Modern ceramic composite plates are extremely affordable now. Steel is for people who want to waste their money and don't know any better. Or who want to use it to workout......

I can recommend a pair of plates in any price range from 230 for the pair of shipped all the way up. And at 230 that's level 4 plates that are still lighter than any steel, nij certified, and multihit rated. RMA BAO or Hesco plates are the brands I would use.

I'm gonna disagree. Most steel plates are trash.
those rma plates are 8.5 lbs each, and an inch thick. Steel armor has its place if done right. Most people dont need AP protection, steels ops are coming in at 6.5 lbs with an amazing spall protection and 20+ year usage life with extreme multi hit capabilities. There are benefits

I'm gonna disagree. Most steel plates are trash.
those rma plates are 8.5 lbs each, and an inch thick. Steel armor has its place if done right. Most people dont need AP protection, steels ops are coming in at 6.5 lbs with an amazing spall protection and 20+ year usage life with extreme multi hit capabilities. There are benefits
Your comparing Level 3 not NIJ certified plates to Level 4 NIJ certified plates:s0102:

Bro come on......get steel if you like shrapnel to the face:s0108: have you seen how much M855 bimart pumps out? Do you have any idea how much m855a1 has made it to the civilian market? Do you know how many fuds have black tip 30.06 still laying around for shtf?

You wanna compare apples to oranges...... But I'm a :s0023:

Not only that but my 20" Grendel with the good boolets will make that plate Swiss cheese. And if and big if it stopped the round you'll wish it went though with all the deformation in that plate:s0003:

Your comparing Level 3 not NIJ certified plates to Level 4 NIJ certified plates:s0102:

Bro come on......get steel if you like shrapnel to the face:s0108: have you seen how much M855 bimart pumps out? Do you have any idea how much m855a1 has made it to the civilian market? Do you know how many fuds have black tip 30.06 still laying around for shtf?

You wanna compare apples to oranges...... But I'm a :s0023:

Not only that but my 20" Grendel with the good boolets will make that plate Swiss cheese. And if and big if it stopped the round you'll wish it went though with all the deformation in that plate:s0003:

Those steel ops will contain, with 0 fragmentation, over 1000 grains of ammo. The coating is very impressive. Less spall than ceramic.
and they are rated for 3200 fps m193 and m855 at 10 ft. So...
backface deformation on these is MUCH less than a ceramic composite.
Im
Just saying at half price and only a pound more, with less backface, less frag, more shelf life, more durability it seems at lvl3+ it is a winner in my book.
run what ya will, but dont believe everything you read about steel

arguments over plates make me giggle
why?
most will never be used, or worn.
people argue to justify their purchase more then whats "good"
just get the plates you can afford and work with it.
anyways, I might have a extra surplus usmc plate carrier. I will pm you if I find it

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top