JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Issue:

One of the first world problems I have is shooting the AR suppressed and getting all that gas blowback in my face as well as having the chamber/BCG completley polluted in short fashion.

Question:

Has anyone here (assuming so) found a piston driven kit with adjustable gasblock to solve the issue mentioned above?

Any recommendations which kit is best, and will these typically intetfere with the standard Mlock or Keymod handguards?

I am partial to Adams Arms piston kits, they do have an adjustable gas block to some extent.
My railed gas block has a 4 position adjustment which came in handy because my case ejection was at 1 o'clock, the next adjustment position it change to 3 o'clock.;)

I despise a dirty chamber and a piston kit eliminates most all of the gases that wind up in the chamber.

I haven't used one yet but I am between the Adams Arms and Superlative Arms Piston kits. I'm leaning towards getting the Superlative Arms Piston kit due to the adjustable gas system.

I've got a Superlative Arms kit on my 16" AR, and the chamber/BCG stay clean as a whistle. Seriously, after the first 100 rounds through it, it looked like it hadn't been fired. Haven't shot it suppressed though. I hate cleaning guns, so I love the piston.

Last Edited:
Last Edited:
I am partial to Adams Arms piston kits, they do have an adjustable gas block to some extent.
My railed gas block has a 4 position adjustment which came in handy because my case ejection was at 1 o'clock, the next adjustment position it change to 3 o'clock.;)

I despise a dirty chamber and a piston kit eliminates most all of the gases that wind up in the chamber.

+1 on the Adams, Super clean! You can almost toss the chamber brushes or use them for other tasks! I wish they had a few more adjustments, but for the task, they do just fine!:cool:

Also an Adams fan. I've installed two kits and both work flawlessly. Same goes for the factory AR308. I haven't used them suppressed and the only drawback are the lack of rail options for the original style kit. The low profile kits solve that issue.

No experience with the Superlative kits, but haven't heard anthing bad about them either.

The best prices I've seen on the Adams kits have been at Bud's.

Interesting. I do use the can on other guns, so that barrel could be an issue unsuppressed as they say on the website.

They put that there as a disclaimer for those that use the crappiest, under-powered ammo they can find, it runs fine with real ammo. Their ERGP barrel would have issue without a suppressor but their RGP is fine without one.

My understanding from interviews I have seen with the guy that runs the full auto vegas range, along with other feedback online, is that is you shoot a LOT, the piston retrifits and/or re-designs will wear out your gun/break faster than a normal DI gun.

They put pressure in the wrong spots, and don't float the bolt off the lugs like the original AR.

I mainly shoot a suppressed 12.5" 5.56, and buy ammo by the 1k case about 1 once a month. I use an SLR adjustable gas block, + RTV on my charging handle. I also use a good quality lightweight grease on the BCG. Yes it gets dirty, but I have had maybe 1 jam in 3000 rds. Fairly easy to clean, just wipe it down.

I also use a tubbs flatwire spring, and H2 buffer, and have my gas tuned a few clicks above the minimum needed to cycle. My recoil impulse is smooth, but forceful enough to be very reliable, even with a dirty cold wet/frozen gun.

Last Edited:
My understanding from interviews I have seen with the guy that runs the full auto vegas range, along with other feedback online, is that is you shoot a LOT, the piston retrifits and/or re-designs will wear out your gun/break faster than a normal DI gun.

They put pressure in the wrong spots, and don't float the bolt off the lugs like the original AR.

I mainly shoot a suppressed 12.5" 5.56, and buy ammo by the 1k case about 1 once a month. I use an SLR adjustable gas block, + RTV on my charging handle. I also use a good quality lightweight grease on the BCG. Yes it gets dirty, but I have had maybe 1 jam in 3000 rds. Fairly easy to clean, just wipe it down.

I read the same article, lots of very good information there including magazines. Interesting that AR receivers out last the AK's.

I have the Tubbs flatwire springs and Spikes buffers on all my ARs.

Havent tried the RTV on the CH, so I'll give that a try.

Good info guys...thank you.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top