JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My buddy has a Win M70 safari express 458wm with a Trijicon RMR. Very fast for sighting on things trying to kill you in Africa. He's got a trophy room to prove it.

That's the route I'm considering. I have one in 300 blackout that is a rare shooter and I don't see a whole lot of need to go magnified with it.
The one I saw was in 300 BO as well. I was picking up same from my FFL when he showed me his setup with a big grin on his face. seems the sight was set up forward like a scout rifle.

I have waaaay too much astigmatism for red dots and holographic sights, so I went with an LPVO ACSS on mine. A bit heavier, but

I'd actually like to run irons on it, but I've been striking out so far for something that I can add and would work with a can.

Like this?

A525F63C-0653-4A83-8875-0CBE712F739F.jpeg

I think you are looking for something like this?
It is the gun set up in my avatar, excellent fast set up for calling coyotes in thick cover and fast moving shots!

DSCN0347.JPG

I'm curious to see set ups people have for their bolt guns running a red dot with or without magnifier.
Seems to me it would work fine, it's just unconventional cuz when ppl think of bolt action they often think of long range accuracy and often a scope. I have never tried it personally.

I like red dots on many guns including aK 12 gauge, various subguns, rifles, pistols. But I would never put one on a double barrel, lever gun, SAA type revolver etc personally because it would ruin the gun for me.

As far as utility, or what works, I think we often get too caught up on what is traditional or what is accepted rather than focusing on what gives us as individuals the best results. A red dot might be crap for one person on a given gun and how they use it while it might be a perfect solution for the next person. 2 cents...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top