JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know of any shops down that way...sorry.

I do know that as a general rule :
Most cap and ball revolvers are set up for the #10 cap.
With that said...#11 caps will also work.
#11 caps will be a bit loose...so it is helpful to give 'em a pinch after you place them on the nipple.
( Oh boy...I know where that sentence will end up...:eek: :D )
Andy

Last Edited:
I don't know of any shops down that way...sorry.

I do know that as a general rule :
Most cap and ball revolvers are set up for the #10 cap.
With that said...#11 caps will also work.
#11 caps will be a bit loose...so it is helpful to give 'em a pinch after you place them on the nipple.
( Oh boy...I know where that sentence will end up...:eek: :D )
Andy

@Stomper will take of it from here...

:)
Although Andy is a master baiter, I'm not going to facilitate his weakness…. for the good of his eyesight.

And me too for #11 percussion caps. Haven't found them anywhere. And I checked three different Sportsman's. i went online with Cabelas and also could not find any in stock. Perhaps I'm searching incorrectly?

Tried a few online sites too. , None of them were mainstream but when I found " in stock" CCI primers the site required a minimum of $150 or $200 purchase and last one I looked at charged a $50 "flat rate" shipping fee. I passed as it did not seem legit or reasonable.

Last Edited:
Speaking of "caps".

I was just in the garage taking down 3 dud cartridges. Actually, working on removing the old primers from the .38 special brass so that I could at least salvage the brass.

LOL....yeah, "duds" at a Cowboy match is no fun. And, I recall that they occurred as the first chambered round (or maybe the second) in my revolver. Twice. BUT, But, but......I say I still got First Place for that Category.

"Choose your category wisely."

Anyway......The kinetic puller worked flawlessly on removing the bullet and powder. So, I was left wanting to salvage the brass.

My usual practice is to use my Lee decapper and base set.
1656810565555.png

I had just completed two shells and working on the third. Suddenly....KaBoom. Yeah, the last primer went off. Not fun at all. And YES, the explosion was helped along. As it also set off the other two primers already in the bottom base.

Anyway, be careful when handling your "caps".

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads