JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So,
I have been given the opportunity to purchase an as new Kodiak double rifle. It is a muzzle loader. 58 cal side by side. Comes with a straight girp walnut stock.

Anyone ever shoot one of these? Real nice looking rifle.

Like this only with straight grip. I will post photo of the one I bought, once it arrives.
rifle-1.jpg

I own one. They are a beautiful gun to look at and a lot of fun to shoot. They have some substantial weight to them, but of course this really tames the recoil. I usually take it along during muzzy elk season, but rarely take it out in the field due to the weight. I did manage to take a cow with it a few years back. Off hand at 85 yards.. she dropped like a sack of potatoes.
I have loaded mine with anywhere between 90-125 grains. If I remember right, when I was shooting it often I had settled on 120 grains with a patch and ball. I have always had trouble finding a buffalo ball or conical for it.. I ended up picking up a few old molds at a gun show a few years ago.
IMHO you paid a fair price. I picked mine up for less, but that was 7 or 8 years ago. I did have it in the classifieds a couple of years ago, but she ended up back in the safe.
Have fun with her!