Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pedersoli Kodiak Express

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by BEN LILLY, Mar 23, 2016.

1. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

So,
    I have been given the opportunity to purchase an as new Kodiak double rifle. It is a muzzle loader. 58 cal side by side. Comes with a straight girp walnut stock.

Anyone ever shoot one of these? Real nice looking rifle.

2. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Any pics?

3. BEN LILLY

Like this only with straight grip. I will post photo of the one I bought, once it arrives.
    rifle-1.jpg

etrain16 and Larrytpdx like this.
  4. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow! I would love to see actual pics. When do you expect it? May I ask what you paid?

5. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I have shot one but with PRB only. It was a fun shoot. If I had the pesos I would get one.

6. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine got one of those brand new decades ago out of The Shotgun News.. paid like $350? for it. forget. Nice shooting gun.

7. BEN LILLY

I ]aid $700 for it. Should arrive here early next week. Cabelas has them listed at $1,150.00

8. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

I own one. They are a beautiful gun to look at and a lot of fun to shoot. They have some substantial weight to them, but of course this really tames the recoil. I usually take it along during muzzy elk season, but rarely take it out in the field due to the weight. I did manage to take a cow with it a few years back. Off hand at 85 yards.. she dropped like a sack of potatoes.
    I have loaded mine with anywhere between 90-125 grains. If I remember right, when I was shooting it often I had settled on 120 grains with a patch and ball. I have always had trouble finding a buffalo ball or conical for it.. I ended up picking up a few old molds at a gun show a few years ago.
    IMHO you paid a fair price. I picked mine up for less, but that was 7 or 8 years ago. I did have it in the classifieds a couple of years ago, but she ended up back in the safe.
    Have fun with her!