JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello im Patrick. I live in Seattle. Have a hunting background, and now looking into handguns
Just got my concealed pistol license. Looking for some advise, interested in a .22 or 9mm? What is a good choice to target with and light carry usage.

Patrick,
Target shooting and carrying concealed are 2 very different things requiring pretty different guns. However, I think in your position I'd opt for a nice carry gun and later get something better suited for target shooting. Go have a look at the small/thin Kahr and Ruger LC9 pistols to see if they fit your hand. Unless you're a small guy, I'd avoid the .25 and .380 caliber pistols for anything other than a backup. My personal preference is always for a revolver like the S&W 642.

Which gun and which holster are pretty personal choices BUT a good holster is a must. Buy a cheap one and you'll soon replace it. Uncle Mikes are nice for screwing inside the door of your gun safe to hold pistols. If you prefer leather, look at Galco, Bianchi and other high quality rigs.

Thanks for the advise. I am headed to a local gun store this weekend to get a feel for what fits. I had not given thought to a revolver but that may fit the bill.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top