JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The weather was really nice on Sat so wife and I drove into Seattle to pick up some of her favorite pastries from that nice French pastry shop in front of Pike Place Market, and also some flowers she love. I parked in the Pike Place Market garage and when I went to pay at the parking station, I was surprised to see "AMT DUE: $0.00".

Cool.

I saw news that street parking is free but didn't know garage parking is also free.

There were little to no people though, the entire garage on the main floor where I parked, there were 3 cars, including mine.

Trap.jpg

You coildn't pay ne enough to go to that crap hole where yhey openly sell & use drugs in the street, urinate and crap in the streets. No, nothing there for me & my family down there to see or do.

Wife and I used to really enjoy going there now and then just to knock around. We would park at the 512 and jump on that bus that drops you downtown. It was great. It's been a long time sadly. It got to where I could not enjoy myself due to being on high alert all the damn time. They have turned it into a sewer so now of course they are begging for the dollars from the people they ran off. :(

Wife and I used to really enjoy going there now and then just to knock around. We would park at the 512 and jump on that bus that drops you downtown. It was great. It's been a long time sadly. It got to where I could not enjoy myself due to being on high alert all the damn time. They have turned it into a sewer so now of course they are begging for the dollars from the people they ran off. :(

It is very sad to see such a beautiful city ruined this way, I hope Seattle can come back from this.

When we were there on Sat, the streets were mostly empty and many of the shops are boarded up. The Pike Place Market parking garage had 3 cars in it, including mine. It is almost scary to see such a nice city turned into a ghost town. I had assume that since weather was nice and in the 50s, there'll be a lot of people about but the reverse was true.

We used to do that too. That's been over 20 years ago though. We'd enjoy a nice drive up to Bremerton get a motel/supper and take a ferry over first thing in the morning and spend the day walking around. Head South in the afternoon, get another motel and head back to pdx the next day. Pretty sure THAT'S never going to happen again!

That underground tour of Bill Speidel's was really cool. The book he wrote called "Son's of the Profits" pretty much shows who gave their lives to build an incredible city, and who's names are on all the streets and statues. Hint, they are not the same.

https://www.amazon.com/Sons-Profits-Business-Business-1851-1901/dp/0914890069 A good read if you're interested in how Seattle came to be. And why there is an underground.

Last Edited:
When we moved to WA from the DPRK in '92 I thought Seattle was as close as I had seen to a nice city.
Today I/we go into the Blue Cesspool for medical treatment when necessary. There is no other good reason to go there.
Those pastries OP mentions must be really extraordinary.

The weather was really nice on Sat so wife and I drove into Seattle to pick up some of her favorite pastries from that nice French pastry shop in front of Pike Place Market, and also some flowers she love. I parked in the Pike Place Market garage and when I went to pay at the parking station, I was surprised to see "AMT DUE: $0.00".

Cool.

I saw news that street parking is free but didn't know garage parking is also free.

There were little to no people though, the entire garage on the main floor where I parked, there were 3 cars, including mine.
Probably for the homeless. In Portland if u park ur car on regular street for more than a couple days they will tow it and it's about $600 to get it out. Price is fixed by the city even if they tow it 1 block.

But if u are homeless u can park indefinitely. In fact there is a law where if a private party calls to kick out a homeless person and they r "legally entitled" to be there the person who complained can be charged by police and fined (I am not kidding). The world is upside down in these communist cities.

When we moved to WA from the DPRK in '92 I thought Seattle was as close as I had seen to a nice city.
Today I/we go into the Blue Cesspool for medical treatment when necessary. There is no other good reason to go there.
Those pastries OP mentions must be really extraordinary.
I hear you. It used to be that poeple would say about Portland fe it was the only big city they liked. Now it is a den of homeless, crime, entitled rioters, and drugs. And the recent law to legalize more (all?) drugs means that more homeless, druggies, and criminals will migrate to here. Legal drugs, tons of infrastructure for the homeless, and no prosecution for crimes, why would they have any incentive to get a job?

We used to do that too. That's been over 20 years ago though. We'd enjoy a nice drive up to Bremerton get a motel/supper and take a ferry over first thing in the morning and spend the day walking around. Head South in the afternoon, get another motel and head back to pdx the next day. Pretty sure THAT'S never going to happen again!

That underground tour of Bill Speidel's was really cool. The book he wrote called "Son's of the Profits" pretty much shows who gave their lives to build an incredible city, and who's names are on all the streets and statues. Hint, they are not the same.

https://www.amazon.com/Sons-Profits-Business-Business-1851-1901/dp/0914890069 A good read if you're interested in how Seattle came to be. And why there is an underground.
Yep I very much enjoyed that tour for the info that came with it. I was born and spent my early life in that city and they of course even back then NEVER told us the truth about the history of the city and how it came to be. The tour itself was not much for me but the damn history lesson? Now that was eye opening. First time I went the net was a fairly new thing for me and I could not wait to get home and look up the stuff they were telling us.

Yep I very much enjoyed that tour for the info that came with it. I was born and spent my early life in that city and they of course even back then NEVER told us the truth about the history of the city and how it came to be. The tour itself was not much for me but the damn history lesson? Now that was eye opening. First time I went the net was a fairly new thing for me and I could not wait to get home and look up the stuff they were telling us.

I'm thinking most major cities were built by people that have no names. Only the ones the reaped the "Profits" are the ones with streets, statues and buildings with their names on them.

"I'm so-so, wouldn't have driven into Seattle just for that if it is up to me."
Keeping your Beloved happy would fall into the category of things worth going into Seattle for.
(I am assuming you were well strapped.)

"I'm so-so, wouldn't have driven into Seattle just for that if it is up to me."
Keeping your Beloved happy would fall into the category of things worth going into Seattle for.
(I am assuming you were well strapped.)

Mmm, my "Beloved" knows how to drive. My beloved, pretty much, also follows my line of thinking on the subject. So, no, not gonna' happen anymore. :D

Cool.

The City of Seattle would have pay ME to go there these these days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top