JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have any experience with this 1911? I'm looking to get my first 1911 and this was offered to me as part of a trade. I guess its New and only has a few mags through it. I've read up as much as I can and have found nothing but mixed reviews. I'm thinking about just spending the money and getting a rock island tactical instead. What are your guys thoughts?

For the money I honestly believe there are much better 1911s. Bud's Gun Shop has them listed for $551 currently. In my opinion anything out the Armscor will be better quality. The fit and finish may not visibly be as high, but the quality of the parts and the overall internal fitting I believe will be much better. Some stores have the Para GI model priced as high as the Ruger 1911 which is leaps and bounds better than the previously mentioned 1911s.

With 1911s you definitely get what you pay for. Also it's good to note that 1911 magazines are the same. Don't expect your cheap $9 gunshow "Colt" magazines to function as well as $30 Chip McCormick/Wilson Combat/Tripp magazines. The 1911's magazine tuning is just as important as the extractor for correct function. For your first I would definitely recommend looking for something with a better reputation; I'd hate to see you soured on such an awesome platform.

I was thinking armscor too. I found the ria tactical for 450 shipped. I've heard many good things about the ria. I'm excited to get one. My brother has a kimber and it's great but way out of my price range.

I have nothing but high regards for the Para Ordinance, fit and finish is as good as any outta the box. I am a big 1911 guy, in my opinion the finest combat pistol on the planet. I have Colts and Springfields, but my carry gun has been a P-10 for almost 2 decades, why? Because I trust it to do its job EVERYTIME. IMHO

Well I decided to pass on the trade for the para. I decided I don't want to get rid of my m&p, but I am looking at a rock island 1911 tactical model. 458 plus 6 bucks shipping and I've seen nothing but good reviews. Can't wait to get it.