JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was lucky enough to pick up one of the Para Experts from Sportsman's a couple weeks ago and noticed the "match grade" barrel has some choppy lands at the beginning of the barrel just after the chamber. There is also lighter machine/tool marks for most of the length of the barrel. See pics to see what I mean. I just sent an email to them asking for a replacement as I don't think this meets any "match grade" barrel specs. All the barrels I have ever seen have very uniform lands, not what you see below.

What do you think?

For those who were able to get one, what does your barrel look like?
IMG_4443.JPG IMG_4444.JPG

Hmm, good question, let me check tonight, i didn't notice, but wasn't paying too much attention.

Did you get any email replay yet?

No reply yet. I am *hoping* its due to the holidays and they will get back to me this week or early next week. We will see.

I took it out last week and it shot really well overall, but would still like it to be replaced.

While they will get back to you when I had a question about mine it took almost 2 weeks to get a reply. I ended up calling them and getting an answer on the spot with only a 10 minute or so wait.

Alright, completely forgot to check mine whilst rebuilding it, but pulled it apart just for you ;)

I do not have carbon in mine, but i can see that i don't really seem to have those little nubs you do, however, i do have the little machine marks on the lands for the first, hmm, maybe up to an inch.

If you look at where they are and look on the outside of the barrel, it's pretty much where the lock-up ribs are.

Its was the only issue I have had. I didn't seem to effect how it shot, actually the barrel was pretty accurat with 2" groups at 25'. They did replace it with one that was a little better but still not a "match grade" barrel IMO but it was that or wait for the new facility to open in 2016 or something. Its good for now and may revisit it once the new facility opens.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads