JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Folks,

First time figuring out how to disassemble, without specific instructions (since I can't find any), my new semi-auto shotgun. It's a Panzer Arms AR-12 Gen 4. Pretty cool and has good reviews. My problem is there is a lot of YouTube videos on Gen 2 and Gen 3, but can't find anything on Gen 4 which looks like a lot has changed from Gen 3. I'm guessing what appears to be a lock nut on the Upper Receiver that needs to be removed. See center of pic below. It looks suspiciously like a Castle Nut on a Receiver and has the typical tool notches as well.

But before yanking on the thing I wonder if it's clock-wise, counter clock-wise or for that matter even needs to be removed to get the bolt out. The PA AR-12 Gen 4 Manual doesn't cover it. Kind of hard to clean it if you can't take it apart.

If anyone out there has Gen 4 info, please let me know!

Thanks,
Pat

PA-AR12-Gen4-Barrel-Nut.jpg

Answering my own question and realizing how naive I am.

Got a clue from the GForce Arms - GF12AR Semi-Automatic Shotgun YouTube video. Which is a similar firearm. Okay, it's a Barrel Nut. And I feel like an idiot!! Hey, I'm a 1911 and a Striker handgun guy ...

Had to Vise the Upper Receiver down. Loosened CCW with the Panzer Ams supplied tool, leveraged their tool with a 12 inch tube to get enough torque applied. The Nut is not the same diameter as the AR-15 though, so couldn't use those tools. That Barrel Nut was on tight - like they didn't want the Barrel to ever come loose! Good idea. Then removing the Bolt Carriage was a bit fun. Anyway, now that I've actually disassembled it once, I think the next time I clean the shotgun it will be much easier. I hope...

I know that the MKA 1919 has a left hand retainer nut inside of it and I've heard it takes almost 2 months to get a replacement from Turkey if you bugger it up. :eek:

I heard that from a friend. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Yes - cool, cheap, etc. but parts availability, I think is another story.

These guys are not at the level of CANiK (handguns, military weapons, etc.) another Turkish manufacturer, so there is a bit of risk you take relative to manufacturer's support and service like Mossberg, Beretta, Remington. Sort of why I proceeded with caution. We'll see how it goes.