JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about ordering a complete P320 pistol and would like recommendations on which model I should look for if I want the maximum combinations of functional slide and grip configurations.

Last Edited:
Once you have the trigger group, you can swap that into any 320 grip frame and slide you wish, outside of the 10mm/.45.

I believe the compact frame is what the M17/M18 is based off of. Seems like that is what most holsters will be built for as well. That would be my start if I were looking for a 9mm/.40/.357 version.

M17/M18 variants have manual safety. Generally, most P320 versions do not. The fire control unit can be swapped to other grip modules. An FCU with the manual safety can only go into select grips with the related cut out (or modification). So, easy swapping to the most available grip modules would be a non-safety trigger group if you are comfortable with that.

Only thing that matters is the FCU. Grip modules and slides are plentiful and you can do whatever combo you want.

For example. Top to bottom. All of which are on a full size frame. One has a full length slide, one has a compact slide with a single port comp and the last has a subcompact slide with a dual port comp.

Good luck with your new legos. The versatility is one reason why I swapped from Glock to Sig.

A9D3DDC4-DD1E-479F-85DF-6A2D3D6F1B32.jpeg

This thread seems to imply that you can modify a 9/40/357 FCU to shoot 45 and probably 10mm. Differences are shorter ejector in 10/45, and the takedown lever needs to be filed down to fit the larger mag/round size of 10/45.

I have an axg pro slide on a Wilson Combat lower and I love it. However I wish I had a fully enclosed slide. I also have the axg pro lower which is all metal. It's a great lower but the grip angle doesn't agree with me. Of all 3 lowers I have tried the Wilson combat is the best.

I like the P320 X-frames the best.
My X-Five and X-Five Legion were scratch builds.
They are like Glock 2.0....a little more complicated, but easy Lego type stuff.
I can get a better trigger out of a P320.

I found a Full Size P320 Nitron that was a police trade-in Red Box.
It became the donor for my X-Five.
Note that a Full Size P320 can be converted to run 1911 recoil springs.

This slide fixes the mistakes of previous slides...
Early slides were cut for the inferior Romeo1 (this is Romeo1 Pro or Leupold DPP)
Early slides had integral cover plate/rear sight (this has separate rear sight)
Early slides had cover plate hold down screws coming up from inside the slide

This thread seems to imply that you can modify a 9/40/357 FCU to shoot 45 and probably 10mm. Differences are shorter ejector in 10/45, and the takedown lever needs to be filed down to fit the larger mag/round size of 10/45.
When swapping between my 9mm slide, and the .40 S&W & .357 Sig slide, the recoil spring and magazine changes as well.

When swapping between the .40 S&W and .357 Sig barrel, the recoil spring and magazine stays the same.

The grip module and Fire Control Unit (FCU) stays the same in all three cases.

All parts that I use for this are from Sig.

I do have a Wilson Combat carry sized grip module I use with these parts, as well.

Will my xten fcu interchange with .45 acp?
Also, I'm stocking up on .357 magazines, and planning g to build up an exchange kit and a couple more JSD Supply fcu's what size magazines fit which grip nodules for .357? I'd prefer to run the carry or compact grip module.
Also, do you know If any of the full size to compact magazines in .357 will or won't work at all in the compact or carry? Thanks.

If you can find one, you could buy just an p320 FCU, but its definitely the more spendy route creating a p320 then buying a shelf model
Not necessarily true. If you are patient and buy parts second hand you can build them dirt cheap.

Not necessarily true. If you are patient and buy parts second hand you can build them dirt cheap.
True if you shop used or buy clearance you could save. Me im yolo it, slide going be $350 prolly alone, plus slide parts $85, iron sights ~$100, then $180 for the barrel... well still need the grip, plus mag money.

But thats part of the fun. I wont buy it all at once, i do wait for sales and collect over several months time.

Last Edited:
True if you shop used or buy clearance you could save. Me im yolo it, slide going be $350 prolly alone, plus slide parts $85, iron sights ~$100, then $180 for the barrel... well still need the grip, plus mag money.

But thats part of the fun. I wont buy it all at once, i do wait for sales and collect over several months time.
That's exactly how I did my last build.

C3BD6B76-9395-453D-AA81-C6A9D765E1A6.jpeg

That's exactly how I did my last build.

View attachment 1314687
Ah sh!t yeah. Im digging the armorycraft p320 slides... but im hugely undecided. I actually planned to build the P320 way out in the future but of course fcking measure 114 move that up quite a bit... but i got the fcu and mags for all sizes, so i have all the time in the world. it'll be some months still, lots to decide on.

Ah sh!t yeah. Im digging the armorycraft p320 slides... but im hugely undecided. I actually planned to build the P320 way out in the future but of course fcking measure 114 move that up quite a bit... but i got the fcu and mags for all sizes, so i have all the time in the world. it'll be some months still, lots to decide on.
Yea. I don't like slides with all the cuts in them. I prefer a stock slide personally.

Yea. I don't like slides with all the cuts in them. I prefer a stock slide personally.
My favorite P320 Full Size is
P320 Pro Slide
R2 optics ready
About $250
This is the FS slide that SIG should have used on Day One.
But they had to get through their learning curve first.

NOT the "Pro Cut"
aka the "Dragon Cut"
Too much foo-foo for my taste

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads