JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got it in the mail today. Looks almost NIB

Unfortunately it won't work with my Mk25 P226.

The takedown lever won't close - the relief on the underlug of the .22 barrel where the take down lever slides in, is half moon shaped and the one on the Mk25 is flat (at an angle). So when I try to move the take down lever up, it won't go up. If I remove the recoil spring then it will go up, but not with the recoil spring in place.:(

Last Edited:
Put 2 mags of Rem Thunderbolt thru it - worked fine.
Tried Rem Viper - failed to feed second round, but fed all the rest.

Noticed that slide will be somewhat sticky when to the rear and the recoil spring will not push it forward by itself if you let the slide move forward slowly. The instructions warn of this. I assume the recoil spring is light to let the light slide recoil adequately for functioning and therefore this is necessary.

Other than that, I notice the trigger takeup and release/reset a lot more as there is almost no recoil.

It was getting dark so I did not have time to setup a target to gauge accuracy.

Was going to write a review on their site, but it looks like they don't offer it anymore. :(

Now if I could get .22 conversion kits for other pistols at a similar price...

I was not a big fan of said kits because for the price I could buy a .22 pistol and in a combat handgun the kits are probably not going to be as accurate as most .22 pistols with a fixed barrel - but I sure liked shooting it last night and I can see where it would be fun shooting and getting a better feel for the trigger pull and reset - the latter surprised me, but I suppose with the much stronger recoil of a centerfire round the reset is just something that I don't notice as much because it is masked by the recoil?

Was going to write a review on their site, but it looks like they don't offer it anymore. :(
They will send you an email with a form for comments in a week or two.

ETA
Just checked the Beretta 92 22LR kit....$335.....ouch
I bought the P226 Elite (long beavertail frame) in 22LR and then added the 9mm slide kit.
$800 total for essentially 2 metal frame Sigs.

It is hard to find the Sig conversion kits.
I think that Sig limits production so as not to cut too badly into complete pistol sales.

Last Edited:
Yeah, I bought all of my kits used.

SIG makes good guns, but they are not the best for aftermarket support accessories for those same guns, especially with regards to variations of guns they no longer make. E.G., older variations of the P229, especially conversion kits. Another example is the 14 round mags for the P227; they have had problems with these, so instead of fixing them (swapping out the spring with a stronger one works well), they just stopped making/selling them rather than deal with it - so now all P227s are come with only 10 round mags - you can get 10 round mags for the P220 and it has a steel frame. I am guessing the bean counters have the final say at SIG when it comes to stuff like this.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top