JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there any way that i could purchase a semi auto pp-19(bizon) legally? I love the hi cap magazines and the Ak design, everything about it seems perfect but everything i've read seems to point that it is for sale to government and law enforcement only. Plus i havent seen a single one for sale.... anybody have info on this subject? All input is much appreciated.:s0131:

I had not seen that. I know there we a bunch of guys building 9mm AK's a few year back. Might search for "9mm AK". They were using Soumi 72rd drums for mags though.

I understand that it is a compact sub machine gun with up to a 64 round clip( depending on ammo used). But what bugs me is that i've seen semi auto mp5's for sale and there isnt any legal issue in owning one of those, pretty much the same size as a bizon. Even if i had to get an SBR license to purchase one it would be well worth it, the reliablity of an Ak with a 64 round 9mm helix mag.....I'm sold on the design.

That makes sense but just because im not law enforcement who's to say that i dont need fast and accurate fire at close range? What if a mob of angry cougars comes through my front door?

Well they would be illegal to import since 1989 in that configuration. You will not find any semi auto MP-5's because there are no such thing. You may see some HK-94's but all are 1989 or older if they are real HK imports. There are some US companies that have made HK-94 clones which are cheeper and can still be made.

The only way you could have a PP-19 is for someone in the US to produce them. So there would have be a market need for a company to do that. Or you could build you own.

Thats interesting im sure i've seen SA mp5's for sale but your probably right they most likely were clones, the point is i dont see any point to buying replicas. the only people I'd trust to buy a weapon like the bizon from would be the original designers. If i were to buy an AK47 i would want an actual Tula made one but i've yet to see one for sale....

According to the ATF once a machinegun always a machinegun. So an MP-5 in full auto is available to buy. The HK-94 is an HK factory built rifle that heavily resembles the MP-5 but is semi auto only and is not a "clone". There are companies in the US that make HK-94 clones since they are not real HK's. The reason to buy different ones is price. MP-5 is about $15,000 and requires NFA paperwork. HK-94 is about $4000. Clone HK-94 is about $1200. Assuming that is what you mean by "replica".

Again the ONLY way to get a legal imported AK in original configuration is to have bought it before 1989, or 1986 in the case of full auto. This would be your next closest legal way, arsenalinc.com, US manufacturer and importer of the finest and most authentic examples of the time proven assault rifle design You will NEVER see a legal PP-19 that is all original and imported unless there are some major law changes.

Hmm.... the ATF's rationale on these guns doesnt make much sense to me, purchasing a .50 cal barret capable of destruction at 1mile+ legal. Bizon thats is converted to SA with very short range illegal. even if all full auto parts are removed. does this make any sense to you? just curious....

You must be new to this. When has the ATF ever made sense? Who said they have rationale? That would mean they would have to have the ability to reason.

Regardless the laws are the laws unless we can get them changed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top