JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i believe it's because the spouse demanded that they sell the item and the FS is the
attempt to sell the item. natch, it won't, due to the high asking price. it's all
part of the plan 'selling' without selling. :)

Or some folks might have a WTT/WTS thread, but don't really want cash - they want a specific gun - thus setting the price a bit high to prod for the trade and discourage low ballers. There are PLENTY of low ballers on this sight - at least most of whom have enough tact to send their offers through PM's - though occasionally one throws up their offer in a thread.

If you don't like the price click the back button and move on.

I think some believe they can justify a high price even on a real P.O.S. because it's offered as an ftf transaction. Especially at this time, many are looking for "no paper" transactions while they still can, and others want to cash in on that.

Ya know, I'm actually suprised that I haven't seen a gun for sale yet trying to capitalize off of the current events. I figured I'd see people putting up their ak's and ar's with a sales pitch of "get them before their outlawed" or "these mags will be no more next month".

It seems there actually are people out their with some compassion.

But that is what keeps forums going - bringing up topics that have already been covered. Plus it gives someone the opportunity to post a profound statment AND make their 822nd post.

I think that many who are selling older guns are attempting to identify what the current market pricing is for their guns. Sometimes the only way to do that is to put the gun up at a high price and come down from that as others place what they consider to be a fair offer. That is why most list their price and then put OBO (or best offer) behind the price.

If you think the price is too high place a bid at what you think is a fair price and see if you can negotiate a price acceptable to both parties.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top