JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oi! People...

Had a debate with a friends grown daughter who was explaining why she got a revolver instead of a simi auto - because she Did not feel comfortable carrying a gun that had one in the chamber.

So I ask, do you load 5 rounds in it instead of 6? she looks at me weird and says "why would I?".

Cuz you got one in the chamber.

Kind of blew her mind :D and ended the topic lol.:p

Reminds me of this video from a couple of years ago - pretty funny. There is a section on the trigger that kind of makes the point of the OP above.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, the trigger portion lands from about 1:52 to 4:00

That's funny. He forgot the use of a Glock as a wheel chock.

Hey, the Glock is just a gun, take 'em or leave 'em, but I always have to wonder at people telling newbies to just get a G19 and be happy. Seriously? They sold a lot of Ladas in Russia too, doesn't mean they were worth a damn.

Finger off the trigger till you are ready to shoot. This is how I was taught.
I use this with any firearm no matter what mechanical safety is on the gun.
In fact I mostly ignore most mechanical safeties , using the keeping of my finger off the trigger and muzzle control as my safety.
Granted most of my firearms are muzzleloaders which have no mechanical safeties.
I find that many new people who I have taught to shoot have a over-reliance on the safety on a gun and have to reminded of "finger off the trigger , muzzle down range ". The thought of the new shooter seems to be , "but I have the safety on". This is sometimes followed by " why did the gun fire ? , I had the safety on".
In regards to Glocks , it is the use of the words Safety trigger that bother me.
It can imply that the gun is still safe as you pull the trigger. A "safety" located on the trigger and the practice of keeping your finger off the trigger till you are ready to shoot , doesn't mix well in my mind.
That being stated , this is not rant against Glocks or those that use them. They just aren't for me.
Use what you like and are good with .
Andy

Then what do you think about revolvers? ;)

So long as it's a Glock revolver with a safe-action trigger, should be good to go!

d563de22b391ab792b09202dd6a3e577.jpg

I like Glocks but that thing is hideous.

Yeah from what my stepdad told me he was changing out the sights and as most people do who have accidents with a glock before disengaging the trigger didn't check the pipe.

I've never had the heart to ask him about it.

I like Glocks but that thing is hideous.

Yeah from what my stepdad told me he was changing out the sights and as most people do who have accidents with a glock before disengaging the trigger didn't check the pipe.

I've never had the heart to ask him about it.

I thought that revolver was a joke, literally... That's not even sifi cool - just ugly as sin.

It should read :

Glock Perversion II

I like revolvers just fine Stomper LOL.
In fact I like them a lot , 'cause of the lack of safety catches or switches or levers etc ...
Many do not have a mechanical safety to use or relay on.
Excluding those with a "transfer safety bar" or those God awful key lock devices.
If carrying a modern revolver with a transfer safety bar , I'll carry six. If carrying a original Colt Single Action Army or the like , I'll carry five , unless shooting right away.
Regardless no matter what gun , the same rule always applies : Finger off trigger , until you are ready to shoot.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top