JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought if we all worked together we may be able to help some members who are out of work. I was unemployed for the first 6 months of the year, and i know how difficult it is to keep going with little funds. Especially when you have a house, wife, and kids.

If people can post up where they live (City) and what type of work they are looking for. By doing this, maybe we can put them in touch with people we know in the industry. I met a guy a few month ago I was able to get a job because I knew somebody who was hiring in his trade. Heck, he got a job before me. LOL

Let's give it a try.

So I'm too old for the Guard.Too young to retire.Thirty years into running my own buisness
thats cost more to keep running than it makes.I have to overinsure to fend off the undereducated who insist on sueing someone for there ignorance & lack of simple maintenance.Unemployment will only pay $ 96 bucks a week,so that option is out. Basicly a Job classified section
seen by likeminded people ,would be most welcome IMO.

Anyone out of work, might try going back to school. There are some programs out there to pay you unemployment, while you are in school, plus pay for books an tuition. You can also get some grants on top of that. If you have been wanting to go back to school, this may be a good opportunity.

OK, I know it's not much but...
Anyone here handy with a circular saw, hammer and paintbrush?
I'm looking for someone who can do some minor repair work and painting around my house. I have a couple of decks that need some minor repair work and painting. I also have a wood bin and wood shed that need some minor repairs and painting. And there's a few other areas on the roof that could use some touch-up paint as well. I'm sure all the work could easily be done by a semi-experienced person within 3 days, and I would be willing to pay the person a fair price (I'm thinking around $600 plus the cost of materials) for a job well-done.
It will certainly help me out (I'm useless at this kind of stuff) and at the very least it might help put a new gun in someone's safe. The only caveat is that you must be in the country legally. :s0112:

capdek, That is a very nice offer and more than fair. I would take you up on it but my niece and sister have things to do at there houses. The only pay is beer and food but it is nice to be able to help family out too.
I thinkwhen times get tuff like this or maybe worse there will be more helping others out.
Thanks for posting this. It is nice to see people wanting to help others. Hope you find someone to help you.

Got home today and found two PMs with offers to do the work I described, and I'm pretty sure either of these two guys would do a fantastic job. So, unless things fall through for some reason, I guess I will have to close-out the offer. However, I will certainly open it back up if things don't work out for some reason.
Bye-the-way, my company has quite a few open positions right now if anyone is interested. Its mostly engineering type work, but if you think you might be qualified, I would be more than happy to take your resume in. This is a great company bye-the-way. We make implantable pacemakers and defibrillators. The medical device market stays pretty stable in almost any economy, and our company is doing very well right now - even in this economy! We are the leading supplier of implanted cardiac therapy devices in Europe and our market share here in the U.S is growing by leaps and bounds as well. Because the parent company is based out of Germany, there's a strong commitment to providing excellent benefits - including very generous vacation time allowances. And the pay is nothing to sneeze at either! :D
Here's a link to the various job postings if anyone is interested and thinks they might be qualified:
http://www.biotronik.com/portal/16817

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads