JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really great to have the state pay for all the gear you need to protect your home and family. Wonder what they see in the future that makes them arm up so heavily?o_O

Feds are offering all kinds of military grade weapons and equipment, like M4's, night vision, and armored vehicles to local police and county Sheriffs. Good question... why?

Feds are offering all kinds of military grade weapons and equipment, like M4's, night vision, and armored vehicles to local police and county Sheriffs. Good question... why?

We are not Furgason so,why is it they fear us so much? What is it they know that they need millions in military gear to combat? Oregon has no history of violence other than Portlands riots, why is Klamath falls arming up?o_O

That's crazy stuff, but I will say "being a guy", if I could, I would love to get my hands on that cool stuff as well.
Mostly the NV gear :)

LISTEN UP! the equipment etc has been issued with strings attached!
When the emperor declares martial law the states and counties will be expected to MOVE against the general population . . . Read some history and open your eyes.

Do you think for a moment that the governors of California, Oregon, and Washington will hesitate for a moment to pass the orders down????

You say The Sheriffs won't comply! They will be made offers they can't refuse!

Sheldon

LISTEN UP! the equipment etc has been issued with strings attached!
When the emperor declares martial law the states and counties will be expected to MOVE against the general population . . . Read some history and open your eyes.

Do you think for a moment that the governors of California, Oregon, and Washington will hesitate for a moment to pass the orders down????

You say The Sheriffs won't comply! They will be made offers they can't refuse!

Sheldon

I think the Sherrifs department is more apt to use said equipment against a corrupt government than blast innocent civilians.o_O They have to live with us every day so I doubt they would murder us.

There have been a number of articles on the webs about why the fed puts their surplus military gear out there, but it comes down to a number of things:

1) The feds more or less get free storage and upkeep for the gear. The civilian LEOs get it for almost free, but they have to keep it functional and maintained. This is the primary reason - otherwise the feds would have to surplus it; either put it in mothballs in a boneyard (which in practice is both expensive and the equipment sits there and rusts and isn't maintained), or sell it.

2) The equipment is deployed and dispersed throughout the country, not kept in a few central depots.

3) The feds get more people trained to operate and maintain the equipment.

Some LEO orgs are trying to give the equipment back because they don't use it enough and it is too expensive for them to maintain. But the feds are putting up roadblocks to the return of the equipment because of the reasons above.

Is there an underlying sinister motivation beyond what I mention above (which is not sinister, actually makes sense)? Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if there was.

OTOH, if I was in power, I would do the same thing, to a point - I wouldn't want surplus gear just sitting in a few places rusting away, I would want to disperse it and I would think it might be a good idea to have some non-federal agencies have access the equipment for their use - especially for emergencies.

Not all military equipment is necessarily something that would be used to put down insurrection or herd people off to concentration camps - some of it would be useful for natural disasters.

The downside and big worry is the militarization of LEO agencies - with or without surplus military gear.

This is funny lets look at POLK county

The have gotten:

MINE RESISTANT VEHICLE 1
TRACTOR,WHEELED,INDUSTRIAL 1
TRUCK,UTILITY 2
FORK LIFT 1

GENERATOR SET,DIESEL ENGINE,TRAILER MOUNTED 1
LIGHT UNIT,PORTABLE 1
GENERATORS AND GENERATOR SETS, ELECTRICAL 1
KIT,MODERN ARMY COM 1

WATER PURIFICATION UNIT,FRAME MOUNTED 1
Flood lights
A shipping and storage container with misc equipment
A few computer Systems
ROBOT,EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL
WELDING MACHINE,ARC
Tents
GENERATOR SET,DIESEL
Various over priced exercise equipment
TELESCOPE,NON-INVERTING INFRARED
DETECTOR,GAS
TOOL KIT,REPAIRMAN' multiple units
BOARD
FORCIBLE ENTRY TOOL
INFORMATION CENTER
TOOL KIT,REPAIRMAN'S,SMALL ARMS
TELESCOPE,STRAIGHT
ILLUMINATOR,INFRARED 1 unit
TELEVISION 4
PALLET JACK
SIGHT,HOLOGRAPHIC 2
BINOCULARS 2
LOCKER, STORAGE 2

RIFLE,7.62 MILLIMETER 3
RIFLE,5.56 MILLIMETER 6
RIFLEMAN SET 17
SIGHT,REFLEX 74
VEST,REL,BA,L,GREEN 12
OPTICAL SIGHTING AND RANGING EQUIPMENT 3
CPCVX CASE SOFT WEAPON 10
HOLSTER,PISTOL 10
HOLDER,MULTIPLE MAGAZINE 9
BAYONET-KNIFE 20
MAGAZINE,CARTRIDGE 47
CLUB,SELF-PROTECTION 21
POCKET,AMMUNITION MAGAZINE 20

RACK,STORAGE,SMALL
TRIPOD, CAMERA

BAG,MEDICAL AID 13
MEDICAL AND SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS 2
SURGICAL DRESSING MATERIALS 3
HOSPITAL AND SURGICAL CLOTHING 6
FIRST AID KIT,INDIVIDUAL 25
BANDAGE,GAUZE,IMPREGNATED 420
TOURNIQUET,NONPNEUMATIC 50
POUCH,HUMAN REMAINS 16
MODULE,TRAUMA 18
POUCH,INDIVIDUAL FIRST AID KIT 60
DRESSING,COMPRESSION 100
DRESSING,FIRST AID,FIELD 100
DRESSING,PRESSURE P 7
CASE,FIELD FIRST AI 20
BANDAGE,GAUZE 100

HAZARD-DETECTING INSTRUMENTS, APPARATUS 1
CONTAINER,REUSABLE 1
LAMP,INCANDESCENT 23
BLANKET SET,BED

FLAT PANEL MONITOR 38
RADIO 2 WAY VOICE 30
RECEIVER-TRANSMITTER,RADIO 20
RADIO GPS HANDHELD 2 WAY 37
PRINTER

CASE,PHOTOGRAPHIC E 16
MES COMBAT LIFESAVER VERSION 2005 15

COVERALLS,COMBAT VEHICLE CREWMEN'S 20
COVERALLS,FUEL HANDLER 20
COVERALLS,COMBAT VE 4
OVERALLS,COLD WEATH 80
TYCHEM F COVERALL 20
GLOVES,FLYERS' 8
BELT,INDIVIDUAL EQU 20
HOOD,COLD WEATHER 11

WRENCH,TORQUE
REFRIGERATOR
SET,FIGHTING LOAD C 6
FACESHIELD,INDUSTRIal 30
GOGGLES,INDUSTRIAL 63
SAFETY GLASSES,REVI 126
SPECTACLE,COMBO PACK,UVEX GENESIS 15
SPECTACLES SET,BALLISTIC AND LASER PROTECTIVE 30
MEAL,INDIVIDUAL 200
ASSAULT PACK 17
FIELD PACK 11
RUCKSACK LARGE FIELD 15
KIT BAG,FLYER'S 20
BAG,FLYER'S HELMET 50
BAG,CLOTHING 6
BAG,BARRACKS 16

SPACE AND WATER HEATING EQUIPMENT 3
PAD KIT,HELMET 50
SHIRT,COLD WEATHER 205
HYDRATION SYSTEM 27
LUGGAGE 4
MAT,SLEEPING,SELF-I
INTRENCHING TOOL,HA 20
RESPIRATOR,AIR FILTERING 10
OFFICE SUPPLIES, PRINTING 9
HEADLAMP 4
PAD,KNEE 6
ELBOW,PAD 6
CANTEEN AND CARRIER 28
TAPE,INSULATION,ELE 20
LAMINATOR 1
SHOP VACUUM 1

Very little on that list is all that scary sure they got 9 rifles and some weapons support stuff.

Granted other counties may have gotten scarier stuff I just picked one county.

This is funny lets look at POLK county

Very little on that list is all that scary sure they got 9 rifles and some weapons support stuff.
Granted other counties may have gotten scarier stuff I just picked one county.

We can consider Polk County Sheriff Department militarized. Where can one find these county by county shopping lists, and are these actual surplus items or new, contract run "we don't need them anymore" type items?

We can consider Polk County Sheriff Department militarized. Where can one find these county by county shopping lists, and are these actual surplus items or new, contract run "we don't need them anymore" type items?
I don't know that they would be considered militarized from that list, but I can't think of why Polk County would need, or want, a mine resistant vehicle. I suppose, maybe, they might want it for busting meth labs in the boonies, but I would be interested to learn if they have ever actually used it in a situation where its use would be warranted. It's not like Polk county has a lot of serious crime where I would think they would need such a vehicle.

Getting back to Polk county I can see where the Hwy dept can use a whole bunch of that gear. Not to mention theres a lot of lines of Medical stuff I'm sure the Fire Dept and any first aide kit can do with some restocking
I am not afraid of 144 pairs of coveralls or 264 pair of goggles

We are not Furgason so,why is it they fear us so much? What is it they know that they need millions in military gear to combat? Oregon has no history of violence other than Portlands riots, why is Klamath falls arming up?o_O

It's quite obvious that the LEO's know that the Japanese would not invade us due to us having a rifle behind every blade of grass but the Feds do like to mow grass so I believe they are afraid of the subjects (us peasants) revolting when we finally have absolutely had ENOUGH!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top