JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How was the class?

Sorry for the lack of information!

These classes have mandatory content and most of this class is going through the required information. Not saying it wasn't informative, just kind of dry. I am glad I took this class since he does go through specific scenarios that required some thinking and discussed the outcomes both legal and ballistic! All in all, good class and it did get accomplished the goal of getting my CC card(s). Oh also he does spend time having you fill out the application forms correctly, which I initially thought was BS, but turned out to be very important and time-saving. In general, like every class/learning opportunity: Spend the time and money, leave the ego at the door and try to learn something new.

I don't have a "dog in the fight", but I recommend the higher priced services;

Prices can be deceiving because some of the providers..........provide the entire packet for their services, some just give the class and training certificate for the money. Some classes (like Oregon) can be taken on-line and some classes (like Utah) must be taken in person.

Getting the most accurate/up to-date legal advice on the street is around $175.00/hour. + or -.

Somebody very close to me paid for the entire "enchilada"; all they had to do was add a card# or check, pay for postage, and drop the packet in the mail for Utah (they got it back in <35 days), and had their Oregon permit (Yamhill CO) back in less than 10 days.

Army jargon: "First Time GO".

This particular instructor who provided the entire "enchilada" is a retired lawyer.

With liability these days being what it is, all "T"s and "i"s must be crossed and dotted or an entire packet will be "killed" (rejected).

IMO, skimping on training that can keep you alive AND out of jail is reckless/crazy.

The Oregon permit covers only a small amount of states. When I took the class I paid up around that price and received both Oregon and Utah. The Utah gives you CCP for many states. I also got the AZ permit just so I would be legal in Nevada, now Nevada does not recognize the AZ permit.

I don't think our local Sheriff would accept an online course. Why do so many instructors offer the Utah class? Are Utah permits accepted in many states?

Your Oregon sheriff doesn't have a choice in the matter, they are subject to the same statues that we are; except your sheriff works for YOU, not the other way around.

Research: "writ of mandamus".

Oregon only accepts Oregon; 31 states accept Utah...so I hear. :s0131:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/utah.pdf

Your Oregon sheriff doesn't have a choice in the matter, they are subject to the same statues that we are; except your sheriff works for YOU, not the other way around.

Research: "writ of mandamus".

Oregon only accepts Oregon; 31 states accept Utah...so I hear. :s0131:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/utah.pdf

While Oregon is a "Shall issue" State, the local Sheriff still has veto power.

If Washington honors a non-resident Utah permit that would save me having to apply for Washington too.

Edit: Looks like they do http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

Blue Devil PA did Grant provide the entire "enchilada" for Utah, just add a card# or check, pay for postage, and drop the packet in the mail?

My wife and I are back from the class. It was only $140 for the both of us for Oregon and Utah. Pretty good class and we actually learned some things.

Grant did provide the entire "enchilada" for Utah, just add a visa card# or check, pay for postage, and drop the packet in the mail.

Unfortunately our local Sheriff is now making CC appointments for September! Then he has 60 days to send the license. We will most likely be able to carry in Utah and 31 other states including Washington within 2-3 months time, but not be able to in our home state of Oregon until Thanksgiving!!!

My wife and I are back from the class. It was only $140 for the both of us for Oregon and Utah. Pretty good class and we actually learned some things.

Grant did provide the entire "enchilada" for Utah, just add a visa card# or check, pay for postage, and drop the packet in the mail.

Unfortunately our local Sheriff is now making CC appointments for September! Then he has 60 days to send the license. We will most likely be able to carry in Utah and 31 other states including Washington within 2-3 months time, but not be able to in our home state of Oregon until Thanksgiving!!!

Is your local Sheriff stalling on purpose.

Is your local Sheriff stalling on purpose.

The instructor said that the Sheriff is understaffed and overwhelmed with new applicants this year so interviews are booked solid until September.

There were over 50 people in our class today. I am going into the Sheriff's department tomorrow morning before 8AM so can I get an early September instead of late September appointment.

My friend in Clackamas County applied in January and her appointment with their Sheriff is tomorrow. So less than three months for her where the Mall shooting occurred and five months for us.

The instructor said that the Sheriff is understaffed and overwhelmed with new applicants this year so interviews are booked solid until September.

There were over 50 people in our class today. I am going in to the Sheriff's department tomorrow morning before 8AM so I get an early September instead of late September appointment.

My friend in Clackamas County applied in January and her appointment with their Sheriff is tomorrow. So less than three months for her where the Mall shooting occurred and five months for us.

I'm really glad to see so many applying for their CC license here in Oregon. I just hope that when its time to vote again that we can vote some of these brainless liberals out.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top