JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received this email from eBay and I'm not shocked that our legislators would stoop this low as to go just with more taxes. Please read and send a message to our legislators that we will not be overburdened with taxes.:mad::mad::mad:

Hi Caveman Jim:

The Washington State Legislature is threatening to impose new Internet sales tax burdens on you by penalizing small businesses and your favorite online marketplaces.

A tax proposal introduced by leaders in the Washington State House of Representatives would require retailers and online marketplaces to impose Washington sales tax for any transactions involving Washington buyers, including all out-of-state purchases from even the smallest businesses, artisans and consumers. The alternative? Disclose private information about Washington state buyers and their purchases from online retailers and marketplaces to the Washington Department of Revenue.

Here's why you should care:
  • This is a drastic departure from current law. It threatens to increase costs to everyone in Washington who takes advantage of the Internet to buy from small businesses, artisans and even other consumers, undermining the very business model that allows online marketplaces to provide low-cost services and opportunities to Washingtonians.
  • It jeopardizes your privacy by compelling businesses to turn over information on your Internet purchases to the state – information such as your name, retailer's name, your billing address, shipping address, and the amount of your purchases.
  • Other states will follow suit, subjecting Washington-based small businesses and marketplaces to the jurisdiction of tax departments in other states. Imagine every small business—and even the most casual seller in Washington—being subject to audits and tax enforcement by every tax-hungry state and local taxing authority across the country.
For years, eBay has pushed government to eliminate harmful tax burdens for small businesses and consumers – and now we need your help. If you agree that this is bad Internet tax legislation, tell your state legislators.

Participation is easy—just fill out the simple form on our eBay Main Street website. Let your state legislators know that you oppose harmful tax laws that stifle business growth and harm Washington consumers.

Sincerely,
The eBay Government Relations Team

Tell Washington State Legislators To Oppose Internet Sales Tax

Currently - if items are delivered to an area, then Sales tax for that area, is collected, right? More if you have delivery in Seattle than in Rural Asotin county.

When I buy a gift for my brother, and have it delivered to his home in WA, although the transaction took place at my computer in OR, and my CU also in OR, I get hit with sales tax.

I don't know if my brother has to pay WA Sales tax on something he buys and has delivered to me.

The issue may be for places like eBAY which sell lots of "used" stuff
How about ETSY - crafty stuff.

It will pertain to ANY AND ALL INTERNET SALES in Washington state.
I know that if the place of business ordered from is located in Washington then a sales tax is charged, that I can see but not buying a reel, gun part or anything for that matter in Georgia or any other state.
We need to light a fire under our Reps and demand all these nonsense taxes STOP!!!! Where is our income increase to pay them???:mad:

So it's basically that whatever the tax is in the state the sale was made is the tax paid? This would create a tax at both ends? If that's the case, that's stupid. You should only get one tax. This coming from somebody who doesn't mind taxation as much as the next guy.
Forgive us Oregonians for being ignorant, we just get it taken out of our check ya know...

Recently ran into something stupid like this. I get handed incentive money for preventing property loss of the company I work for at 10% of estimated value. They hand it to me in cash. My paycheck is then taxed for a "non-cash prize" of the same amount. Effectively whatever the company hands me the IRS takes out of my next paycheck. Pretty sure I get most of it back come tax season, but that still kind of irks me. I don't make enough money for that to seem justifiable.
Sorry, I know I kinda went off topic, I just figured that we need to start some serious tax reform (and I don't mean more taxes on the little guys).

I have a simple tax reform:

"Immediately upon a proposed new tax or tax increase passing a Chamber of the Legislature, the members shall be required to draw lots, one for each term of Legislative office held. Whoever draws the short straw shall be immediately executed on that Chamber's floor, in full Chamber session."

See how much they believe in things when they have to BACK UP that belief...

I have a simple tax reform:

"Immediately upon a proposed new tax or tax increase passing a Chamber of the Legislature, the members shall be required to draw lots, one for each term of Legislative office held. Whoever draws the short straw shall be immediately executed on that Chamber's floor, in full Chamber session."

See how much they believe in things when they have to BACK UP that belief...
Then nobody will make it so I don't have to pay 100% in taxes on my "non-cash prize"...

That provision would ONLY be triggered by an *increase*. Non-reduction, status quo... well, sometimes you take the small wins. The idea is "reward what we want to encourage, punish what we want to DIScourage"... :)

The thing is a while ago and initiative was passed that made any tax increases had to be approved by 2/3rd of the public vote. And any tax increases could only be less than 1% per year.
But you know how them politicians are with initiative they'll stall it for 4 years and then say it's unconstitutional get their liberal judge buddies and Say Goodbye initiative.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top