Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Opinions needed for a new carry piece. Sig P239 Vs. H&K P2000SK

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Nutty4Guns, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Who has experience with either of these guns? Which would you choose between the two and why? Lets keep it to the two choices here please. I have owned other guns and I am really only interested in these two right now. Thanks in advance.

2. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I would definitely chose the SIG...mainly because I do not like polymer framed guns. I also prefer the trigger on the SIG. I traded off my H&K P2000SK off long ago. Both are great guns though.

3. sailorman2010

sailorman2010 Tri-Cities, WA Member

I own an H&K USP Compact. I love it! I've put many a round down range and haven't had a problem with it at all. I've also shot the H&K P2000SK, great gun as well. I am being biased here, cause I own an H&K. The Sig is also a wonderful weapon, a lot of people I know own and love them.

Its your choice. Maybe find a range that rents both and shoot each to help you decide.

4. Tomoizle

Tomoizle Vancouver, Washington, United States Active Member

Have shot and owned many hk and I would pick the p2000sk

5. BigDaddyDMD

BigDaddyDMD Albany, OR Member

Both are great weapons and you can't go wrong with either one. Go with what feels most comfortable in your hand. I prefer the HK as I have never had so much as a peep of a problem with any HK, and they just feel so right when shooting.

6. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

My advice is to go to the range and launch at least 100 rounds in each. Both are quality firearms and you have narrowed it down well. At this point it's personal preference. If you have the finances available buy them both and practice. The answer will come soon enough.

7. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

I like the sig triggers better, but I like the hk for carry I find mine to be extremly accurate and I like dimensions for carry. you have some definite differences to sway you decision

the hk is much shorter in both directions but wider

the sig has a more traditional mag release but one more prone to accidental mag drop

the sig can be fitted with crimson trace laster grips

the hk is the same width in 9mm and 40 and shoots very soft in 40 so that what I'd get

you can get a 2000 for a home defence gun and have the same feel

8. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

I have two P 239's; one in 9mm and one in 40. Great triggers, reliable, and accurate. You won't be dissappointed.

9. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

I have one P239 in 357sig. I love it, it fits like a glove. Never had a problem with it and it is my carry weapon.

10. Nutty4Guns

I've got a P229 in .357sig and love it. I was wondering how the smaller frame 239 would hold up to the 357sig. How long have you had yours?

11. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

I got mine back in 2004, I think. I have put about 500 to 600 rounds down range, never had an issue. I have no complaints, other than the price of ammo.

12. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

I have the HK p2000sk in 40 s&w. I would buy it again. Its very nice carry gun.

13. tlakidd

tlakidd Eugene Member

I agree with the statement of "put them in your hand and see which feels better". I went with the sig because I like the hogue grips that can be changed out on the sig. I am not a fan of the slip on grips. They are both great guns, well made, and handle recoil well. I think the sig standard trigger is slightly better then the HK.

14. Nutty4Guns

Well, I think I am going to go with the Sig. I love the trigger on my P229, and I think it will be the same with the 239. I also like the fact that I can change out grips and add a lasergrip for just a little bit more money than I can get the H&K by itself. Thanks for the input everyone, I guess my 229 will have a little brother soon.:thumbup:

15. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

I carry a sig 229 at times and am quite pleased with it's size and weight. I cannot speak to the two choices you have but I would go with the sig out of brand loyalty, though I am quite sure either will serve you well.

16. FMC

FMC Portland Area New Member

I don't have much experience with the HKs, but I love my Sig 239. It's accurate, easy to shoot, reasonably comfortable to carry, and I've put nearly 2000 rounds through it without a malfunction.

17. Nutty4Guns

Well, no turning back now. I just picked up my P239 today and can't wait to hit the range.:cool:

18. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Good decision. I am sure you will not regret it.

19. Nutty4Guns

You are correct sir. I took it to the range this evening and just about made one ragged hole in the center mass of my targets. I love this gun as much as my 229! :woot: