JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which gun for concealed carry?

• Sig P239

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • H&K P2000 SK

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
Reactions
Who has experience with either of these guns? Which would you choose between the two and why? Lets keep it to the two choices here please. I have owned other guns and I am really only interested in these two right now. Thanks in advance.

I own an H&K USP Compact. I love it! I've put many a round down range and haven't had a problem with it at all. I've also shot the H&K P2000SK, great gun as well. I am being biased here, cause I own an H&K. The Sig is also a wonderful weapon, a lot of people I know own and love them.

Its your choice. Maybe find a range that rents both and shoot each to help you decide.

Both are great weapons and you can't go wrong with either one. Go with what feels most comfortable in your hand. I prefer the HK as I have never had so much as a peep of a problem with any HK, and they just feel so right when shooting.

My advice is to go to the range and launch at least 100 rounds in each. Both are quality firearms and you have narrowed it down well. At this point it's personal preference. If you have the finances available buy them both and practice. The answer will come soon enough.

I like the sig triggers better, but I like the hk for carry I find mine to be extremly accurate and I like dimensions for carry. you have some definite differences to sway you decision

the hk is much shorter in both directions but wider

the sig has a more traditional mag release but one more prone to accidental mag drop

the sig can be fitted with crimson trace laster grips

the hk is the same width in 9mm and 40 and shoots very soft in 40 so that what I'd get

you can get a 2000 for a home defence gun and have the same feel

Both are great weapons and you can't go wrong with either one. Go with what feels most comfortable in your hand. I prefer the HK as I have never had so much as a peep of a problem with any HK, and they just feel so right when shooting.

I agree with the statement of "put them in your hand and see which feels better". I went with the sig because I like the hogue grips that can be changed out on the sig. I am not a fan of the slip on grips. They are both great guns, well made, and handle recoil well. I think the sig standard trigger is slightly better then the HK.

Well, I think I am going to go with the Sig. I love the trigger on my P229, and I think it will be the same with the 239. I also like the fact that I can change out grips and add a lasergrip for just a little bit more money than I can get the H&K by itself. Thanks for the input everyone, I guess my 229 will have a little brother soon.:s0155:

I carry a sig 229 at times and am quite pleased with it's size and weight. I cannot speak to the two choices you have but I would go with the sig out of brand loyalty, though I am quite sure either will serve you well.

I don't have much experience with the HKs, but I love my Sig 239. It's accurate, easy to shoot, reasonably comfortable to carry, and I've put nearly 2000 rounds through it without a malfunction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top