JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
EDIT: ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY... read below

Wanted to share my experiance with Olympic Cerakote based out of Lacey/N. Olympia, WA.

I found out about these guys via a holster customer of mine. I checked out his work online, and was impressed. a few months went by, and I decided it was time to have a couple things done. I had just purchased everything I needed to complete an Aero Precision builder set, and had a couple other projects to talk to them about.

I started out with a couple simple single color barrel jobs.

19051944_316288478799769_9111308501786820608_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTUzNjY4MTE4MTEwODk0OTEwMQ%3D%3D.jpg
Above is my Rem 700 Tactical. The guys at Olympic Cerakote did the barrel and action in Magpul FDE. In person, the color is almost indistinguishable from the Magpul Hunter stock. I chalk up the difference to the base materials being so different. Steel vs. Polymer. This picture shows a slightly rose colored sheen, but I think that is a lighting issue. This picture was taken in the later part of the day, near sundown.

They also coated an 18' ODIN Works AR barrel for me, and it looks exactly like this Rem 700 barrel.

Next, I gave them a project to have fun with. I have two M&P shields, one in 9mm and the other in .45, and they look way to similar. I gave Olympic Cerakote some ideas of what I wanted, and told them to have fun with it. I was more than pleased with the result.

20066894_107820676543004_7723264316845064192_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTU1OTUwNjc0Nzk3NzYyNTQ0NQ%3D%3D.jpg

What i got was this desert inspired Swedish M90 cam slide, and a Magpul FDE frame.

They even hooked up the scales on my Benchmade Barrage to match!

Long story short, I absolutely recommend these guys. Both the owner and his assistant are disabled vets. They've got an FFL, and run a nice little operation. I'm not entirely sure what my next project will be, but I know who the work will be going to.

Last Edited:
I've considered having one of mine cerekoted. How does the procedure go about, legality-wise, to have someone take the firearm from my possession?

I've considered having one of mine cerekoted. How does the procedure go about, legality-wise, to have someone take the firearm from my possession?

They are a FFL and you're having work done on your existing firearm. Its all good in the hood on this one. You can leave it with them and they will call you when its done.

Edit 2019: Don't do it!

Last Edited:
Ive used them for transfers and got to look at some of their projects. I'll be using them for my next cerakote job as well. Really nice guys, none of the mall ninja gun store attitude.

Glad to hear this. First place that does this that would not be much of a drive for me. Want to try getting one of the barrels for one of my ASR's done to see how it comes out. Wife has been wanting me to go look at that Big box store they built down that way anyway so would be a good excuse to stop by and see these guys with barrel in hand :)

Cross posting this from another thread with my updated experience ...

@MallardAddict I am truely sorry to read your story. I too have. Even dealing with the owner Mike and his BS for a while.

I purchased two suppressors from him between August & July of 2017. Long story short... the stamps weren't submitted until I called the ATF about a month ago. I'll do the math for you... that's 18ish months later. I confronted him about the stamps in Dec. '18, and he admitted nothing had been done, and then assured me it was all squared away. I called the ATF in Feb. '19 and was told over the phone that I should probably find a new NFA dealer.

Then there's an SBR I started with Mike in Dec. '17. We had been friends for a few months, and I asked if I could get the ball rolling on the Cerakote job by blasting everything myself in his garage (this was when he was only under name Olympic Cerakote). I blasted everything, and he told me every few weeks that he just had one or two customer Guns to do and he'd get to my stuff. Meanwhile, I'm told repeatedly that the stamp for the SBR was submitted as well. In Dec. of '18 he told me HE reblasted everything to get rid of the oxidization, and it would be coated shortly. Come to find out his employee Jaime/James (a good friend of mine) had actually been the one to reblast it. Mike told me in Feb. '19 that the stamp couldn't be submitted because SilencerShop accidentally deleted the M4E1 from their website. I called SilencerShop about the stamp for the SBR and they told me there had never been any communication about a tax stamp for me. Zero. I got a hold of Mike and told him to put all of my propert in a box and I'd pick it up. I got the box a couple days later, minus a Velocity trigger. I had been told by an employee of Mike's that the trigger had been taken and out in another customer's build. Translation: Mike stole my property and sold it.

There's a lot more crap to this story, but his business partner Myles is a good dude. As is Jaime/James. Myles has been great at communicating with me, and is helping me get things fixed. Mike still owes me a SIG mag, but refused to replace it a couple days ago. Myles is working on that for me.

I just hope that he doesn't lose his FFL before my suppressor stamps are done. I don't want to deal with claiming my property if they're seized.

On the SBR, I got SSG to give me a new lower for the build, and have already efiled a form 1 myself. The last piece of the puzzle is getting all of my parts re-coated. They're currently sitting in a box in my garage and completely useless without paint on them.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top