JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
3c51c3b4-c43a-496e-baa6-d314e7154b2b_zps914e74be.jpg

Really interesting stainless steel copy of the Ruger 10/22 design by Olympic Arms. This is one of very few and even fewer in pistol form. I got it a while back with the intention of keeping it indefinitely but my priorities have changed and I need the funds for another project.

A little background on the firearm:

According to this post made by the Olympic Arms Owners Association President only 200 of the rifles were made, the rifles were made with a built in picatinney rail. He makes no mention of the number of pistols.

Yes, Oly made both. They offered a SS 1`0/22 style receiver with an integral picatinny rail on the top. Bill Ruger pooped his pants, and had his guard dog, I mean Chief Council Steve Sanetti (who coincidentally now heads up the NSSF) send a series of cease and desist letters which i responded to back in August/September of 1997. In spite of the fact that no patent protection rights exist for the Ruger 10/22, they sighted a case against AMT that they were victorious in. Ruger won a ruling forcing AMT to cease production of a 10/22 like receiver not based on patent infringements, but on "Product Identification laws".

I feel Oly could have won this case it fought in court, but Bill Ruger's Big Money was more than what Oly was willing to take on. So, a deal was reached in which Oly paid a royalty for each receiver sold. The taste of the out of court settlement, and Bill Ruger's defiance in the face of anything in the industry that does not happen according to his likings (Remember the 10 round magazine comments he made before Congress that sealed the deal for a 10 round mag limitation during the Clinton years) caused Olympic owner to just hang up the project. I'd say less than 200 were made total, and most were sold off as unfinished castings so no royalty would have to be paid (a stroke of genius I must say!). They were called the "X" Ring action, and complete rifles were outfitted with real good stocks from Bell & Carlson.

It will come with a 30 round magazine.

Cash: $450

Trades:
- Threaded barrels (Glock 17/26, Ruger 10/22)
- Ammo (.22LR, 9MM, 7.62x39)
- Glock 27, Gen 4
- Glock 22, Gen 4
- Glock 26, Gen 4
- Glock 19, Gen 4
- Glock 17, Gen 4
- Silver
- Jack stands, floor jack, mechanics creeper

Conditions of the sale: I'll ask to see your WA DL and CPL (no paperwork, unless you request it). If you do not have CPL, you will complete a bill of sale for my records.