JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi and thanks ahead of time for any help other members can give me. First off I am new to this whole forum thing. Never used one before. Shoot, I have to get my adult kids to set the remote or set up the DVD player.

I have an old Wards Western Field Model 30 pump 12 ga. I am unable to find any serial numbers on it. I understand that it was made by Savage and production started around 1920 and ran through the 30's. Only to be discontinued but brought back for WWII and discontinued again after the war. Is this info correct? It whorls great. What I thought was a poor quality machine and assembly is actuall the clearances needed to take it down into two sub assemblies. I like the silly thing and plan on restoring it as a project gun. Not fancy. Doesn't need to be. It will be going with me in my 55 ford flat bed to go hunting. Neither are ever going to be fancy. Just durable and dependable.

The John Browning designed Stevens 520 pump-action shotgun "aka" Ward’s Western Field Model 30 was manufactured by Stevens/Savage gun company for a variety of companies from 1904 through 1934. Two of these companies were the great old catalog retailers: Wards and Sears. Montgomery Ward’s sold their Ward’s Western Field Model 30 shotguns and Sears, Roebuck & Co. offered their Ranger series of durable, no nonsense, shotguns

welcome rp1

Last Edited:
The John Browning designed Stevens 520 pump-action shotgun "aka" Ward’s Western Field Model 30 was manufactured by Stevens/Savage gun company for a variety of companies from 1904 through 1934. Two of these companies were the great old catalog retailers: Wards and Sears. Montgomery Ward’s sold their Ward’s Western Field Model 30 shotguns and Sears, Roebuck & Co. offered their Ranger series of durable, no nonsense, shotguns

welcome rp1

How do I determine an exact year? There is not a serial number that I can see anywhere. Least not like a modern #.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top