JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Selling a nice little old model Ruger Super Bearcat, 22lr. This is a nice little unconverted 90-95% gun. $375 or best reasonable offer. NO lowball offers, please. Washington residents only or ad $35 shipping FFL to FFL.

Last Edited:
What does the "super" designation mean? How is this model different from the current bearcat? Thanks !

:confused: google.com

The Super Bearcat had a steel frame instead fo the alloy frame of the Bearcat.

The new ones are just called Bearcats but are still steel and they all have the transfer bar safety.

Now you know. :s0155:

What does the "super" designation mean? How is this model different from the current bearcat? Thanks !

The "old model" Bearcats do not have the transfer bar safety and neither do the SuperBearcats, unless they have been returned to the factory to be "converted" to the transfer bar safety.

Can you get a .22 Mag cylinder for this model???

IIRC the 22 mag bullet is a slightly larger diameter than the 22 lr, and the convertible guns such as the early rugers and the colt peacemakers and new frontiers had a .224 bore. IMHO that made them less accurate with 22lr ammo which IIRC are .222 bore.

I have a convertible new frontier and I can't find a 22lr cartridge which is nearly as accurate in that gun as it is in a non-convertible version of the same I have.

I now shoot only 22 mags in the convertible new frontier, and save the 22lr shooting for the 22lr guns.

Your mileage may vary. Hope I didn't get this info all screwed up. :)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.