JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$20
Manufacturer
Bushnell
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Selling a used, older Bushnell scope. 3-9x38mm Sportview with the standard duplex reticle. This particular model was made in Japan and features 1/4 MOA adjustments for windage and elevation. Glass is still very clear and works well. The only strange quirk (which does not reflect the mechanical soundness of the scope) is that the inside of the elevation turret cap contacts the elevation turret when screwed all the way on. As such, if you tighten the cap all the way, you can hear it start to spin the elevation turret; similarly, when you then unscrew the cap, it also spins the turret until the cap is loosened enough. Not sure what the issue is with the fitment of the elevation cap, but the windage cap and turret do not have this issue.

Asking for 20$ cash, face-to-face. PM me with any questions!

Bushnell4.jpg Bushnell1.jpg Bushnell3.jpg Bushnell2.jpg Bushnell5.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Is there a missing o-ring in that cap. If you look at the other cap that works, you might see what the issue is.
It looks like neither cap has an o-ring, but at the base of the turret themselves there is a thin, soft-plastic ring of sorts. This ring is slightly less worn around the windage turret; however, I just tried tightening the cap on the windage turret again, and if I really tighten it down, it also contacts the top of the turret and spins it.

I'm guessing both turrets need an actual o-ring replaced around their base.

Try placing the scope tight against a bathroom mirror that has a bright light right above it. Turn on the light and look through the eyepiece.
You will see two crosshairs if the scope has been adjusted when mounted on a rifle.
Adjust the two crosshairs till they join as one. It is now back to factory specs.
My thinking is that the elevation knob was turned extremely high and is protruding enough to interfere with the cap.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews