JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok this is to cut out the BS we see many post arguing what's the best ar15 or should i spend $600 or $2000 or guys who mock guys who spend $600 or guys who mock those who spend $2000.

So lets get the personal reviews of the ar15s you have owned or personally used.

Here are the rules.

1. You post your own experience not what you read, not what your buddy's weapon does (unless you personally shot it and just note what you personally noticed) not what believe but what you have experienced 1 post per rifle you are encouraged to update that post as you put more rounds through it and you may post as many post as rifles you have .

2. You may not bash or comment on any of the rifles posted here, this is just a place to post your personal experience with your rifle .

3. This is for Ar15 and Ar15 clone rifles and Carbines car15 M4 ect. only and can include piston ar15s as well.

4. You must note if its a all factory rifle or parts rifle or if any modifications or non original parts have been used . for example " bushmaster rifle with colt barrel added" Or note that you don't know for example I bought a colt and the barrel does not have colt markings so i don't know what it is.

5. If you had problems you should list what problem, kind of ammo and mags used and was it resolved and how. and if you contacted customer service at this point how helpful were they. ( We are not too concerned how great customer service was when they were trying to sell you a rifle ).

6. you may show off your rifle with a photo as well.

7. BE HONEST

8. Its ok to post rifles bought used but only note your experience as well its ok to post built it yourself rifles just list origin of parts if possible.

Answer the following

1. Make model of your ar15?

2. All original or mixed parts. If mixed parts what parts?

3. How many rounds fired ? If unsure give low estimation if you know type of ammo thats good as well.

4. Ever used in competition and if so how did it perform?

5. Ever used in combat or law enforcement , Hunting , if so how did it perform ?

6. Any problems if so please explain ?

7. Harsh conditions its been in and still performed or not

8. Have you shot wolf ammo how many rds how did it perform?

9. How accurate is your rifle?

10. How reliable is your rifle?

11. Any additional comments you want to add or note ?

12. Type of mags used?

13. Did you buy it new or used?

14. Cost.

It does not need to be answered in this exact format line by line you can just do a basic summary like for example
I have a colt 6920 so far 2000 rds of brass cased ammo use it for plinking i did add a Kac rail to it . it has been reliable and as accurate as i need it to be .

Last Edited:
Stag arms Left handed M4 16" m4 barrel with vortex flashhider with Midwest industries quad rail and first gen PWS piston system

I added the Midwest industries quad rail and first gen PWS piston system POF roller cam and vortex flash hider

460 rds brass cased 55 grain

12/3 added a PWS enhanced buffer tube (to prevent carrier tilt) and installed a Spikes T2 tungsten powder buffer .
fired 120 more. Had some FTF using a Spikes T2 buffer . going back to the standard or H buffer. TRC 580 rds
back to H buffer and shot 60 rds no problems

Just added a left handed Stag (CMMG) .22 conversion about 100 rds with it . 100% reliability but Not overly impressed as i was with my 1/12 twist 20" barrel for accuracy using .22LR but fine for under 50yd plinking. I played around with the adjustable gas block and put it on the lowest setting and it did improve the group a little.

no

rabbit hunting performed great .

6. Only problem other than what i had running a T2 buffer as noted is that it occasionally spits in my face which is odd and i can't figure it out as a piston AR should not be doing that but the gas vents back at the shooter so I get hit in the face with carbon . This was designed without out thought that shooters would be using rails. I think a different rail that does not have wrench holes in the nut will solve this problem

rain then dry dusty eastern oregon condition preformed great 300 rds fired over 3 day period without cleaning or adding oil

not yet

hits what i aim at but have not really had it on a bench other than to zero it got it within a quarter group 100yrds with Burris LRS 3x9x40scope.

100%

I was not happy with PWS customer service about ordering replacement parts just in case i need them since the piston system i bought is no longer being produced . I have not noticed any carrier tilt but i have upgraded the cam pin to a POF roller cam to prevent any upper receiver ware . the carrier area is kept pretty clean due to the piston but due to the heavy rain it was subjected to i noticed the piston was seized up when i tried to remove it for cleaning not saying that it would not shoot like that but a observation .

12. Type of mags
Pmags and GI mags

Used complete DI upper Used PWS piston

14. Cost I am not sure as i built as i went upgrading and switching out parts as i went.

Rifle #1

1. Bushmaster XM-15, Izzy flash hider, A2 top as it came from the factory.

2. I added a Magpul MIAD grip, Magpul Enhanced trigger guard and CTR stock.

3. 2,500+ rounds (before sold). Both .223 and 5.56 in a mix of American Eagle, Federal XM193 and Wolf Performance (polymer and lacquer coated). All 55gr.

4. Yes, used in Practical Rifle competitions at Tri-County. Performed great, looked fantastic in dried mud. ;-). Izzy was loud!

5. Combat or LE? No.

6. Only problem I ever experienced was not a problem with the rifle. I smacked a 20 round Pmag into the well and pushed it in too far. A real bubblegum getting the mag out.

7. Harshest conditions would be shooting in the rain and mud at Practical Rifle. No problems.

8. Over 1,000 rounds of Wolf, both polymer and lacquer coatings. Never once experienced any problems with the ammo.

9. Capable of better accuracy than I could get out of it. Iron sights, battle sight zeroed at 50 yards.

10. While I owned it, 100% reliable.

11. I liked this carbine so much that I bought another one. (In time I sold them both however and replaced them with Colts). Would I recommend Bushmaster to a new shooter? Yes. Fine rifles.

12. Mags used: D&H Teflon coated aluminum, CProducts aluminum and PMag. Personally I did not like the dry, rough finish of CProducts. The D&H and Pmags are great.

Rifle #2

1. Colt 6920.

2. I added a Magpul MOE grip, CTR stock, Magpul BAD, Spikes Tactical ST-T2 buffer, Bravo Co Gunfighter Charging Handle, MOE trigger guard and recently replaced an EOTech 512 with an Aimpoint H1 Micro.

3. 2,000+ of the same ammo as listed above but mostly Federal XM193 in this rifle. No lacquer coated Wolf. Experienced no problems with this ammo. I have found this steel cased ammo to be very reliable for the range.

4. Also used in Practical Rifle and performed great. No problems.

5. Combat, LE? No.

6. No problems whatsoever.

7. Harshest conditions were again Practical Rifle in the rain.

8. Polymer coated Wolf, no lacquer coat as mentioned earlier.

9. Aimpoint H1 Micro zeroed at 50 yards. I'll never push this rifle to it's limits the way I shoot. On a bench to sight in and then standing at a range.

10. Absolutely reliable. Total confidence in this rifle.

11. I now own several Colts and don't an on stopping. :)

12. D&H Teflon coated aluminum and Pmags. Only Pmags currently.

I would definitely recommend the Colt 6920 to anyone who was looking to get into the AR weapon platform. It is a wonderful rifle (or carbine if you prefer).

I have more than one AR-15, but I have enough rounds through only one which I can comment on. It's my "truck gun" and it gets shot and abused.

It's a bone stock Del-Ton with only sling mounts and a sling and a "see through" scope mount and optic on the rail. That's it.

All of my mags are 30 round which I got from Cabelas. They are steel, but I can't tell what brand they are. They work flawlessly.

I clean and oil it with Hoppe's #9.

I have just passed the 5k round mark without a hitch. Nada. It will still shoot 1 moa groups in sand bags. I can't see any wear in the throat or barrel yet, nor any discoloration. It's not chrome lined of course.

I like the fit and finish. I think they did a nice job. It came stock with a dust cover and forward assist.

OLY.jpg

Oly PCR, post ban 16"...ran great for 3000+ rounds of mostly Wolf, sold to a friend who still shoots it today.

FT.jpg

Del-ton kit, stag lower. Zero issues.

CAR.jpg

Stag lower, can't remember upper ( think it was a DPMS )....should have kept this one, light accurate and kinda retro. I have been wanting to do another.

CAR2.jpg

Bushmaster post ban 20" ( C7 style upper, A2 every thing else, ran great for a few years. )

243187626-XL.jpg

Del-Ton 20" kit on I can't remember lower ( happens when you've had 10+ ARs over the years :s0112: )

68454480213_0_BG.jpg

I think this the above Del-ton carbine after I added the VLTOR stock....maybe...

IMG_2754.jpg

Mix-master sub $400 .22 pistol build on a DPMS lower.

I dunno....I've had great luck with my ARs, to the point where I get bored, sell, want again, buy, get bored....I do try to do some type of configuation I haven't had before though..:D

I could write an essay, but you get the idea.

I'm missing photos of probably 10 more....yes, I have a problem...

1. Make model of your ar15? Colt sporter 2 carbine all colt but previous owner installed a 16" oly SUM barrel on it. was my first Ar15

3. How many rounds fired ? If unsure give low estimation if you know type of ammo thats good as well. I estimate 500 rds probably more

6. Any problems if so please explain ? None this thing never malfunctioned was very accuarate open sights even with wolf and factory reloads

12. Type of mags used? GI preban ban mags

13. Did you buy it new or used? Used bought it at a expo gun show for $900 during the ban sold it to get another colt.

1. Make model of your ar15? DTI MOE carbine

2. All original or mixed parts. If mixed parts what parts? Mostly original, Previous "operator" added CTR stock and a different BCG.

3. How many rounds fired ? If unsure give low estimation if you know type of ammo thats good as well. I am unsure or the previous "operator" I think he said 300, and I have exactly 500 rounds through it my self. 200 rounds of XM193 and 300 rounds of Mil-surp steel cased ammo. The only issue I had was with XM193 mid magazing regular Fireing sequence, I had a bolt overide problem(likely a mag problem). I will update as I get more experience.

4. Ever used in competition and if so how did it perform? NA

5. Ever used in combat or law enforcement , Hunting , if so how did it perform ?NA

6. Any problems if so please explain ? Bolt overide with brass cased ammo(mag issue)

7. Harsh conditions its been in and still performed or not? The first time I took it out. It was about 32 degrees, alot of moisture in the air and I heated up the barrel a couple times with semi rapid fire and multiple mags in a row just testing it out.

8. Have you shot wolf ammo how many rds how did it perform? No wolf as of yet

9. How accurate is your rifle? It is more accurate then I am. I made a 30 round two inch hole at 50 yards, semi rapid fire, with a cheap tactical scope. The front post for me was two thick to do any good accuracy shooting with irons. My next upgrade will be a thiner front post.

10. How reliable is your rifle?I only had one huccup in 500 rounds and that was probably magazine related.

11. Any additional comments you want to add or note ? This is my first AR-15 and I was amazingly impressed with how it preformed. My wife has been extremely busy with school and studying for finals so haven't had time to clean this one yet. I am considering leaving it alone until after my next shooting trip. I plan on putting 500 rounds of steel cased ammo down the pipe next time. I hope this info helps other people make a informed decision. I will keep this review updated as I use it more.

12. Type of mags used? Magpul Pmags

13. Did you buy it new or used?Bought used

14. Cost. $880 Alot for a DTI but it came with alot of accessories and a decent amount of ammo.

Here is a pic from the person I bought it from.

Last Edited:
1. Make model of your ar15? Bushmaster XM-15

2. All original or mixed parts. If mixed parts what parts? Bravo Company 14.5 upper w pinned/welded extended A2 flash suppresor and Bravo Company Bolt Carrier Group which uses the M16 carrier and upgraded extractor parts, Knights Armament rail system and VFG, Aimpoint PRO, Magtech BUIS, M2 Streamlight, Colt side sling adapter.

3. How many rounds fired ? If unsure give low estimation if you know type of ammo thats good as well. about 500 rounds, its just a plinker and was mostly Wolf poly coated and some Lake City 62 gr green tips. All 100 percent reliable.

4. Ever used in competition and if so how did it perform? No competition, just plinking.

5. Ever used in combat or law enforcement , Hunting , if so how did it perform ? Not Applicable

6. Any problems if so please explain ? No problems

7. Harsh conditions its been in and still performed or not. Nothing harsh.

8. Have you shot wolf ammo how many rds how did it perform? 100 percent reliable even after a few hundred rounds no cleaning.

9. How accurate is your rifle? I can hit a 12 inch gong at 135 yards no problem with a 1x aimpoint. Thats the farthest I have shot this carbine.

10. How reliable is your rifle? 100 percent

11. Any additional comments you want to add or note ? Its just a plinker Army M4 replica but I'd bet my life on it. Reason I chose Bushmaster? I was in Oregon Army National Guard 41st Brigade Combat Team (Bushmasters) and our mascot is the deadly snake. Reason I chose Bravo Company? Its one of the best and I was in Bravo Company SECFOR (11B). Yeah its silly, but its mine and I like it. I could have chosen a Colt lower but I thought the snake logo was cooler than having LAW ENFORCEMENT stamped on the receiver or whatever the marking is. The AN/PAQ-4 is an "airsoft" visible red laser. Just got it for looks but it works like a charm if you want to put a red dot on something.

12. Type of mags used? Bushmaster, Colt, and some misc surplus mags. I switch out the followers to the green ones or just designate them as range mags. I also have a few Magpuls. I only load 28 rounds in aluminum mags (old habit) but the Magpuls seem to do fine with a full 30 on bolt release.

13. Did you buy it new or used?basically new lower and upper was brand new. Rail system still has sand in it as does a lot of my stuff laying in the closet... :)

14. Cost. Probably around $1300 as it sits with optics and accessories.

M4replica007.jpg

Here, I'll put some controversy into this. Not my current rifle, but one a carried for a long time...

OlyArms. 16" h-bar carbine

All original. Stock.

3. How many rounds fired ? If unsure give low estimation if you know type of ammo thats good as well.
Enough.

Yup. Lots of 3-gun and practical rifle.

5. Ever used in combat or law enforcement , Hunting , if so how did it perform ?
My duty rifle for years.

None. NEVER.

Rain.

Neg.

More accurate than I can hold.

100%. No lie. 100%

12. Type of mags used?
PMags, GI w/magpul followers, good gi, bad gi.

New.

14. Cost.
Too embarassingly low to mention.

1. Noveske 16" midlength gas
2. Cav Arms lower + Daniel Defense 14.5 lightweight midlength
3. random lower + BCM 16" lightweight midlength
4. Larue lower + White Oak 18" HBAR, rifle gas
5. McKay lower + FN A2 upper, rifle gas

- Installed 3 timney triggers and 2 geissele ssa triggers
- H buffers on the carbines
- BCM extractor kits on all
- Ergo or hogue pistol grips

probably 4k through #1 and #3 each, 3k through #2, 500 through #4 and #5 each. Ammo is either gun show reloads or factory 55gr, all brass case.

no

no

- Cav Arms lower required extensive filing for mags to drop free. It was a huge PITA.
- Installing Magpul BAD lever in any of the rifles causes sporadic failure to lock bolt back after last round with older mags with weak springs.
- Magpul 20 round pmags causes failure to lock bolt back, reason was the rear of the mag was interfering with the possibly out-of-spec bolt catch. Remove some material from the mags, works fine now.
- Weak gun show reloads causes FTF on 14.5 + midlength system and 18" + rifle system due to insufficient gas. I don't shoot reloads any more for other reasons as well.

rain, worked fine

Hell no

They are all more accurate than I am. :)

They are all 100% with good ammo and good mags

Gun show reloads (BVAC, Miwall) are dangerous, 5% of the brass is EOL and failed in the chamber. I shoot their pistol rounds all the time but rifle ammo is too high pressure to risk, imo.

12. Type of mags used?
magpuls, usgi

#1-#3 are new, #4/#5 are used

14. Cost.
i stopped counting a long time ago

Answer the following

1. Make model of your ar15? (I've owned A LOT OF AR'S, so I'll just list a handful)
a. Noveske N4 Recce
b. LMT Defender 2000 w/ Rock Creek mid length barrel
c. Bushmaster XM-15E2 w/ LMT Defender 2000 upper
d. AR pistol, S&W lower w/ LMT 10.5" upper
e. Bushmaster XM-15E2 Superlight (no longer own)
f. Stag 7L Hunter 6.8spc (no longer own)
g. Bushmaster XM15E2 patrol mans carbine (no longer own)
h. Smith & Wesson M&P15 (no longer own)
i. Bushmaster XM15E2 H-BAR 16" (no longer own)
j. Rock River CAR A4 (no longer own)

a. original other that accessories and trigger job.
b. aftermarket mid length barrel, trigger job, and accessories
c. factory stock upper, factory stock lower
d. factory upper, stripped lower, donated lpk (from multiple rifles), RRA pistol buffer tube
e. factory accept accessories/swapped out stuff like grip, trigger guard, etc
f. all factory accept scope/rings I put on it
g. factory upper, factory lower, bought them seperate
h. factory stock
i. factory stock
j. ordered from factory the way I wanted (16" hbar style barrel, quad rail, 2 stage trigger)

a. 1k-1300
b. 1500-2k
c. 200-300
d. 1500-2k
e. 300-500
f. 30-50
g. 5k-6k
h. 3k-4k
i. 8k-10k
j. 11k-12k

Didn't use any in competition, besides friendly competition.

Never used in combat or LE. Have varmit hunted with the Rock River and a couple of the Bushies.

d. first lpk had some issues when gunsmith put it together, and it got tested on range (went full auto at the shop that built it, and they put a new lpk in it). also had to put an h buffer in it, because the bolt would move so fast, wouldn't grab the next round everytime. the h buffer cured that problem.
i. had a burr on the bolt. use to malfunction anytime I'd get it "dirty", or somewhat hot. had to slam the rifle butt into the ground in the field to eject case.
j. didn't like some alum. Cproducts mags.
*everything else has been 100% reliable, ie NO MALFUNCTIONS.

a. never cleaned it, shot with a mag full of mud, shot in the rain, and cold.
b. shot many times in very cold weather, dropped it in the snow, ran without lubricant before, with lots of dust in it over in eastern wa camping, and rarely clean it.
i. would malfunction/jam badly anytime it went more than 900 rounds or so without cleaning, or more than 5 mag dumps in a short amount of time.
*everything else was kind of babied other than shooting in rain and snow.

Shot Wolf out of every single one of them. All performed great with it. Never had any issues with Wolf ammo in any AR I've owned, or any of my friends guns.

a. haven't taken it out to a real range to test. shot 1"-1.25" groups with Wolf and PMC bronze when I had the flu and was laying on my belly on the ground in a cold rock quarry.
b. Have shot around 1/2moa a few times with 55 grain federal tru. Most of the time, my groups are around 1moa or less.
c. Shoots sub moa with black hills 75 grain match. Mostly a 1moa gun.
d. never tested real accuracy (it's a pistol). can put everything in a 12" circle at 100 yards (with an eotech). that's good enough for it's intended purpose.
e. 2moa
f. 1moa to 1.5moa with silver state ammo.
g. 1.5moa to 2moa
h. 1.5moa to 2moa
i. never put an optic on it. could put all my rounds in a 12" paper plate at 200 yards though.
j. best group I shot was 1/2moa with 55 grain black hills (one time though), average with "decent" ammo was 3/4moa-1moa
*most of this is based on shooting from a sandbag or rest with an optic on the rifle.

All were 100% reliable accept (see question 6) guns d, i, and j.

I've been the happiest with my Noveske, and LMT stuff. Everything else performed pretty well though. I wouldn't hesitate to by another Bushie, Stag, S&W, or Rock River product.

12. Type of mags used?
All (except the Stag which I only used Cproduct ss mags in), got a mixture of Colt Alum. 30rd, HK high reliability 30rd, Pmag 30rd, Cproduct ss 30rd, Cproduct alum. 30rd, and some mystery "british army issue" SA80 mags I found at a gun show when I was young.

All I bough/had put together new, except c, and f, I think.

14. Cost.
a. $1900 or so.
b. $980 with all the accessories, barrel, etc (minus optic/mount and flashlight) and sales tax (got all the stuff at cost when I worked at a shop)
c. $750 (came with 6 mags, a case, and 4 boxes of ammo). Bought off a guy wanting to buy his woman an engagement ring
d. $550 or so with sales tax (upper was $350 at cost, stripped lower $99, rear flip sight $25, rest of the parts were donated by the gunsmith)
e. $780 with sales tax (bought at cost when I worked at a shop many years ago)
f. $800 with tax (got a deal from a friend at a shop)
g. $525 with tax. Bought upper (shop I worked at then had like 200 they bought for a real deal) for around $285 with bolt and charging handle, bought lower for $195, had flash hider, hand guards, and carry handle donated by friend.
h. $685 from an internet gun forum board member (not on this board), right after the "Obama bubble". Guy had too many guns and was unloading them for dirt cheap.
i. $860 with tax. This was "during the ban" configuration. Bought it from WSI (which is no longer around) on sale.
j. $750 (got a deal from a friend working at a gun shop)
*prices not including optics/mounts or flashlights on any of these.

Complete frankenstein
All mixed parts. Aero flat top upper, Tactical ammo HBAR barrel and m16 BCG, UTG quad gas block and free floated handguard, bi pod, and front flip handle
Flip (lockable) BUIS, and cheap Tru-glo red dot. Tear drop forward assist. BCM gunfighter CH. YHM flash hider.
Lower, spikes with DPMS LPK, generic 6 position stock. (bought from NBR at gunshow as a kit) All mil spec parts.
1500 - all tactical ammo .223/5.56
No
No
Occasional FTF during break in, tweeking period. Could have been due to crap mag.
rain, cold
no
very, way more than I am
I would give it a 8.5 on a 1 to 10 scale. As time goes on it is becoming more reliable.
Completely hand built by me.
12. Type of mags used?
Steel from bravo and some old crap gray steel
built from all new parts
14. Cost.

1. Spikes tactical upper, lower

2. spikes tactical, magpul, harris bipod, caa stock

3. 500rds, 120rds wolf, blaser, remington

4. not used in competition

5. just plinking

6. no problems yet

7. light drizzle, ran fine

8. 120 rds wolf ammo, no jams, consistent groups

9. with me 3-4 inch groups

10. as reliable as can be imho

11. too much fun

12. magbus mags

13. new parts

14. $409 for the upper, $125 for the lower $320 for extras

$854 not including the rounds

HH.jpg

Last Edited:
1. Make model of your ar15? Sold--Bushmaster AR-15A3

2. All original or mixed parts. All Bushmaster factory internals. Hogue pisol grip.

3. How many rounds fired ? 1200+/-rounds. Lake City Surplus SS109, UMC .223 55gr FMJ, UMC .223 45gr JHP

4. Ever used in competition and if so how did it perform? No

5. Ever used in combat or law enforcement , Hunting , if so how did it perform ? No

6. Any problems if so please explain?

7. Harsh conditions its been in and still performed or not. No harsh conditions

8. Have you shot wolf ammo how many rds how did it perform? I don't shoot Wolf.

9. How accurate is your rifle? Most accurate mid range rifle I have ever shot at the time. The rifle would put every round at anything I pointed the BSA 30mm reddot on. I was very impressed.

10. How reliable is your rifle? I had only one failure to extract, and a couple failure to feeds which I attributed to a old GI magazine.

11. Any additional comments you want to add or note ? It was a great rifle to get experience with the AR-15 type.

12. Type of mags used? 30round Stanags unknown manufacturer

13. Did you buy it new or used? New

14. Cost.$1250 in 2004

1. Make model of your ar15? Currently own...Colt AR-15A3 Tactical AR6721

2. All original or mixed parts. If mixed parts what parts? Factory internals. Troy folding BUIS for the rear. Burris AR-332.

3. How many rounds fired? 300+ Federal 5.56 55gr FMJ

4. Ever used in competition and if so how did it perform? No

5. Ever used in combat or law enforcement , Hunting , if so how did it perform? No

6. Any problems if so please explain? Not one problem so far

7. Harsh conditions its been in and still performed or not. Not really that harsh but went shooting in wet conditions. The AR got pretty wet but no failures.

8. Have you shot wolf ammo how many rds how did it perform? I do not shoot Wolf

9. How accurate is your rifle? I am sure the Colt is more accurate than I am. Shooting with the irons the rifle did well. Still trying to get the scope sighted in. It is not quite dead on at 100yds yet.

10. How reliable is your rifle? I have not had one failure to function.

11. Any additional comments you want to add or note? Still getting use to the rifle. It sat in a safe for two years before I actually fired it.

12. Type of mags used? Colt 20 round GI mags, and new 30 round GI mags. Unknown manufacturer.

13. Did you buy it new or used? New

14. Cost Around 1300

1. Make model of your ar15? 2011 Ruger Sr556FB

2. All original or mixed parts. If mixed parts what parts? All factory hardware. Have added a Magpul short foregrip, 1" UAG scope riser and a Barska electro scope. also have a quick release NC Star bipod for range shooting

3. How many rounds fired ? If unsure give low estimation if you know type of ammo thats good as well. So far only 200 rounds of PMC Bronze 55 gr. .223 - Gun is still pretty new

4. Ever used in competition and if so how did it perform? No competition

5. Ever used in combat or law enforcement , Hunting , if so how did it perform ? So far just some bench shooting at a range - Iron sights only - Didn't have the scope on yet. I still need to zero the scope

6. Any problems if so please explain ? No problems, rifle was great right out of the box. It did need a good cleaning before I shot it. Ruger factory can leave them kind of greasy when they ship

7. Harsh conditions its been in and still performed or not Nothing yet

8. Have you shot wolf ammo how many rds how did it perform? Nope

9. How accurate is your rifle? Pretty dead on with the factory Troy iron sights. The Ruger has a pretty heavy trigger pull. That takes getting used to. It might get better with some more break-in.

10. How reliable is your rifle? Seems to be great. I was looking for carrier tilt signs when I cleaned it after shooting. Ruger seems to have beaten the carrier tilt issue with their carrier mod.

11. Any additional comments you want to add or note ? The Ruger is a factory built gas piston AR. That is why I wanted one. I was amazed at how clean the carrier and chamber was after shooting a couple hundred rounds. The gun stayed cool and performed really well.

12. Type of mags used? It came with 3 30 round Magpul PMags. They really work well. I won't use anything else now.

13. Did you buy it new or used? Bought it new

14. Cost. $1495.00 - That really hurt, but I wanted this rifle, so I sucked it up.

LMT CQB MRP Piston, 16in. barrel. LEO marked, two stage trigger with ambi safety, ERGO grip

All Original

200 Rounds of .223 USA Winchester 62 gr

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Shot 50 and 100 yrds, very accurate

No problems to report

I was bench shooting this rifle, and had to keep reminding myself I was firing a piston rifle. Not much different than an DI rifle.

12. Type of mags used?
20rd NHTMG, and 30rd PMAG

NEW

14. Cost.

Schiffty.jpg

1.Make model of your ar15?
Bushmaster BCWA3F 16M4 GP MOE , 16in. barrel.
Magpul grip, trigger guard, forearm, Vortex Strike Fire red dot 30 mm
60 Rounds of 5.56 Federal
N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Shot 50,100, 200 yrds, very accurate

No problems to report

Shots better than the US Navy M4's I had, smooth and very gentle

12. Type of mags used?
3 30rd PMAG

NEW

14. Cost.

IMG_0195.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show