JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Officer in New Mexico minivan shooting is fired | Fox News

Officer in New Mexico minivan shooting is fired | Fox News

SANTA FE, N.M. – The New Mexico State Police officer who fired shots at a minivan full of children during a chaotic

October traffic stop has been fired, a spokesman with the law enforcement agency said Friday.

Lt. Emmanuel Gutierrez, a State Police spokesman, said he confirmed with State Police Chief Pete Kassetas that Officer

Elias Montoya was no longer employed by the department. Montoya's termination was effective at 5 p.m. Friday.

Means nothing there hasn't been time for the law suit brought by the Union that will end up not only with him getting his job back but all back pay and a promotion to Lt.s in charge of the ethics unit.

Actually his dismissal is only a cover for him. He will be hired to do undercover work for the department.
Of course, he will be given remedial firearms and tactical training so that he doesn't shoot any bad guys . . .

Sheldon

Means nothing there hasn't been time for the law suit brought by the Union that will end up not only with him getting his job back but all back pay and a promotion to Lt.s in charge of the ethics unit.

I totally expect that happening. :s0077: I hope not but believe it will or he'll just be hired by another police department in another state.

I would expect criminal charges forthcoming for this guy. You all know I a strong advocate for LEO's, but this guy went beyond the pale and should get prison time for attempted murder. Thank goodness for dash cams, at least in this case.

I'd say he just passed his interview for LA, New York, or Chicago. Too bad he wasn't in Arizona so he could have been sent to do time at Sheriff Joe's.

Gov needs those willing to do such things.

He will be quietly rehired elsewhere and move up the ranks faster than any of his peers.

It wasn't really necessary for him to bring the whole family McDonald's food for attempting to execute them, but the thought was nice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top