JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm really liking that idea! I would also consider a small wind generator for power to supplement the solar setup. I'd also do a solar sill to heat up water. Only thing you would have to rely on is propane or natural gas for the stove.

its pretty simple and cheap to make a small cabin but when you start putting in solar panels and plumbing it starts to cost much more.

ive met a few people who have a hunting style cabin on secluded property, where they have long term stores with no electricity or plumbing and it costs them nothing to run out there and chill for a week or so to get away. if you happen to be a good hunter you could easily quite your job and run off to a large lot with a tiny cabin and say to hell with the rest of them. just need a bit of cash to get you land bought and cabin built.

My father in law has a Yurt on 40 acres of land in the north Okanogan thats 30 minutes from anything. Hes been building the yurt up for the past and 15 years adding plumbing, a kitchen, a bathroom, and solar power system amongst others. Its a pretty good setup. I wouldnt say totally off grid because they run some things off propane and they get thier water from town. It sure is easy to forget about the rest of the world when your up there though...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top