JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome from East Anglia, England, UK.

Yes, we shoot here, too. I got through 45 rounds of .45-70 Govt this morning with a noob. Handloads, else it would NOT haver happened.

You reload?
I used to reload, back when I was in the Army. I've loaded lots of .38 Special and .357 Magnum!!!

With the huge supply and demand issue here in the USA, I've started accumulating the items needed to again start reloading. I'm now down to powder and primers.

I will be loading .45 ACP, 9mm Luger, and .223.

I know there is a gun culture in the UK, but rumor has it that it can be quite difficult to get them. Then where do you go to shoot? Are there clubs to go shooting? Just curious about things over the pond!

Terry

I used to reload, back when I was in the Army. I've loaded lots of .38 Special and .357 Magnum!!!

With the huge supply and demand issue here in the USA, I've started accumulating the items needed to again start reloading. I'm now down to powder and primers.

I will be loading .45 ACP, 9mm Luger, and .223.

I know there is a gun culture in the UK, but rumor has it that it can be quite difficult to get them. Then where do you go to shoot? Are there clubs to go shooting? Just curious about things over the pond!

Terry
There is positively NO gun culture in UK. There is, however, an ever-growing number of people taking up shooting sports for leisure or profession.

UK has a long history of shooting, especially rifle shooting - the British NRA pre-dates yours. The world's best gunmakers are English companies with names like Holland & Holland, Churchill, Rigby. Builders of high-grade shotguns abound, as do TR and FTR rifle builders, as well as bench and precision.

There are about 1500 gun clubs and many many shotgun grounds. UK shotgunners feature regularly in the world's top shooters, even 15 y/o gals. Bisley target ranges are THE place to go to shoot long range target, with hundred target ranges out to 1200 yards.

Unlike the USA, which is very, very new, the UK had no West to advance into, and no 'Wild West' filled with people already there, to conquer. Most towns here are well over a thousand years old, most cities two thousand years old.

No bears - the Romans killed them off about two thousand years ago - so no big game to shoot, unless you go to a Safari Park. However, be warned that the animals there are to look at, not to shoot at.

There are, at last count, about 148,000 videos on Youtube about shooting in UK. Time you looked at some, including my own channel - tac's guns. There you'll see me shooting at my local gun-club, which has over 450 members.

As for how easy or otherwise it is to own guns, I think there is a link to a long post I put up years ago to try and explain how it worked here. If not, I can send it to you by PM. It won't do anything except confirm your current suspicions, but it will make it clearer why we have to do what we have to do to own guns.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top