JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi, although I don't have a good sense of what would currently be fair pricing, you may consider inquiring on the Kimber forum of Rimfire Central. Although it doesn't seem to be as active over there as of late, there are some 82G owners who are knowledgeable there.

Some of these rifles didn't have the best crown, or maybe had a tight spot in the barrel that wasn't necessarily right near the crown. So if yours is good on both these fronts, it could be more desirable for someone who was less fortunate in the quality control on their gun.

I recall paying $425 or $450 each for two surplus 82g rifles, new in boxes with the sights, shipped direct from the CMP probably 12 or 13 years ago. Still have them both. Those were the days…

Thanks much aasbra. I tried the Rimfire Central site initially but was dinged for not having the required 30 Posts (which I thought I already had from 3 years ago when I joined that site.). I guess I'll have to get active over there to be able to use the site. I appreciate the heads-up on the crown and bore issues.

I agree with you on prices. I sold an unfired, low serial number 82G 2 years ago for 900 and felt if I wanted to hold-out, I could have gotten a fair bit more.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top