JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i just picked up another nor. 9 . i'v had one for yrs., and it still works awesome(actually my wife took it, and won't give it back)
anyway, i did a quick insp. when i picked it up(newer style grips)checked bore, slide,loose safety issues,hammer back,and a couple dry fires...in all it seemed ok for price....i took it out this wknd, and i noticed the slide was "extremely" hard to pull back without cocking hammer first,(my other one is easy) and i should mention when i org. dry fired gun it had appx. 4-5 # trigger pull, and for a nor., pretty smooth.....now loading up a mag, installing in gun..pulling hammer back..safety on, and charging gun, everything seems ok, safety off, and ready to fire ! i pull on trigger..still ready to fire, and i pull harder on trigger still ready to fire...wow, recheck safety..safety off, and change hands, and really pull hard on trigger "BANG", ! it has to be at least a 25-27# trigger pull maybe more ! i don't understand this...i'll admit, i'v only been shooting handguns for a few yrs., and i have others (p220,hi-power,mark II,charger,and 7.62 tok) the way it's acting just doesn't seem right !! as always, any help is appreciated !!

thanks, steven

25 lb trigger? Jesus. Worst trigger I ever had was a generation 1 Ruger P345 - it had an 15lb double action trigger pull, completely horrible. Single action pull was something like 7lbs on that gun. I didn't keep it very long because of the trigger, and the sharply checkered but flat decocker/safety lever.

Is this a 1911 style single action, or is it a double action?

Is this one of the 213s (I'm not sure what all 9mms Norinco imports)? I have a couple (of the 9mm Toks) and had one do exactly what you are talking about; the recoil spring had bound up in the frame. It made the slide drag on cocking, and didn't quite close causing the trigger pull to be hard (trigger was pushing the slide into place too).

I pulled the slide and turned the spring 180 degrees. Its been fine ever since.

Hope it helps,

R

yup , it's a single action 213 tok, and what "boringcruffler" says ...mite be the problem ! like i said i have another here, and have never had this sort of problem......it'll get a complete teardown tomorrow, and check it out......i'm pretty sure it has to be something obvious ! just kinda curious if anyone else had these issues....

thanks, steven

i'm sorry there "mkwerx""boringcruffler" .... i wasn't trying to snub you or anything, but i tore the gun down, and it's just been settin here....all of a sudden i had 10 other things to do, and it didn't involve this gun ! anyway, to answer some of your ?'s...it does resemble the actions of the 1911 s/a, but the safety people put on these guns to meet laws of the states is ridiculous ! they have a tendency to move around a bit, and the little "thingy" thats suppossed to stop the trigger gets caught in the other "thingy" ! as i watch the u-tube vids, most remove this safety. u can use the 1/2 coc or just leave hammer down, really now whats the big deal, but then again i'v only been using handguns a few yrs.......there's no way i would leave a gun cocked & locked in my pocket !! anyway, i'm done cleaning , and putting back together today.....i'll keep ya posted.

steven