JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Primers galore if you look in the right places:

Primers galore if you look in the right places:

Holy Moly:eek:

So, now we have seen prices for primers almost double on gunbroker since this thread started. The last brick of CCI-500 small pistol primers that I was watching closed at $313 plus $39 for shipping! . So my question is, what do you think a fair trade would be for someone on another forum looking for CCI-250 Large Rifle Magnum primers exclusively, and offering to trade various powders? Specifically, H-4350.
Since primers are harder to get than powder (powder maybe 2x the 2019 cost, while primers are about 5x 2019 cost, or more for SP or SR).
Thoughts? It is kind of amusing looking back at the dismay and comments about the $150 per brick "gouger" prices back in October, when today that seems to be a generally accepted price here in NWF classifieds.

So, now we have seen prices for primers almost double on gunbroker since this thread started. The last brick of CCI-500 small pistol primers that I was watching closed at $313 plus $39 for shipping! . So my question is, what do you think a fair trade would be for someone on another forum looking for CCI-250 Large Rifle Magnum primers exclusively, and offering to trade various powders? Specifically, H-4350.
Since primers are harder to get than powder (powder maybe 2x the 2019 cost, while primers are about 5x 2019 cost, or more for SP or SR).
Thoughts? It is kind of amusing looking back at the dismay and comments about the $150 per brick "gouger" prices back in October, when today that seems to be a generally accepted price here in NWF classifieds.
Those are the questions I am try to get answers too.

I have a buddy that lives in Florida, Tampa area. Anyways, on Saturday this past weekend he hit the local gun show with a few friends. He said they had plenty of guns but ammo was scarce and priced higher than we he could find online. He did get some small pistol primers from the only vendor at the show that had any, $38 per 100 and he didn't even get a full 1000, I think all he could find was 600.

where can i find primers and gunpowder
Welcome to the forum. Since you are asking this question I'll presume you are either new to reloading or have been out of the reloading game for a while. Both are very difficult to find now at what many would call "reasonable" prices. I have a friend near you who has not found much in stores in the area. As others have noted the classified section here is an option. Primers are very rarely found in stores and are going for up to 10 times the pre-panic prices. Powder is easier to find but options will be very limited. Even with the inflated costs, it is likely still cheaper than loaded ammo.

Good luck with your search and hope you enjoy the forum.

A ridiculous number of people, within the last year, went out and bought guns and ammo. Many who previously saw no need to buy guns and ammo and probably voted like such. It's easy to see why there is a shortage when you observe the trickle down aspect of supply and demand.

All these new gun owners buy ammo = less ammo on the market
People who are worried about communists coming for their guns. = less ammo on the market
People who normally already bought ammo to shoot regularly may have noticed an impending surge and stocked up = less ammo on the market.
Eventually all those things combined = not a lot of ammo leftover.
Worse still, people were buying ammo just to flip it because they saw that consumers were willing to pay an exaggerated price.

Then people started to get into reloading. People who once never reloaded wanted to still be able to shoot and they saw (temporarily) that reloading components were still available.
Combine that with ammo companies selling ammo as fast as they can make it, so primer production is going to ammo companies first and not reloading components.
Combine that with people who already reloaded might have stocked up upon seeing this surge coming.
Combine that with people are buying primers just to flip them because consumers are willing to pay such an exaggerated price.

The only way to make all this insanity stop is to stop buying ammo and reloading components at higher prices, otherwise the price will never go down as long as sellers can continue to sell it at the inflated price.

As for me, I'm just going to shoot less, focus my money and effort into other endeavors that aren't comparatively so exaggerated in price, and when prices return to normal, I'll resupply. By following that path I'll also be able to buy a lot more for the same amount of money than I would spend currently, or another way to look at it, I will spend a lot less for the same volume.

It might even be a few years, but I'd imagine most people on this forum have enough ammo they could enjoy shooting occasionally for a few years and still not run out.

From Gun Broker. Ended Feb 7, 2021

Rem209.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews