JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well folks, I would like to congratulate you for all that contacted the Washington Department Fish and Wildlife & left feedback on their website, called or wrote letters. I'm 99% sure that they got the message that we are tired of taking it in the rear-end.
I was <<<0>>>> this close to selling my boat & all my fishing stuff and using the proceeds for trips to Alaska to fill my freezer..... that action is put off until the next time they that they feel the need to mess with this Caveman.
Well done my fellow fishermen!!!!! Keep the pressure on them because they aren't going to do anymore than they absolutely have to......;)

Well folks I have to apologize for being too quick on the trigger (pun intended).

There is a bill before the agriculture and natural resources committee in Olympia to be heard on Thursday February 9th at 1:30 p.m. I shall attend this hearing and give my two cents and maybe another dime and a half to the committee members. There will be people there presenting facts speaking eloquently but the caveman will give his opinion freely I guarantee you that. I just hope I don't have to call my wife to bail me out.......:eek::eek::eek:

Last Edited:
This is great news, where did you hear this. Everything I've seen still has them trying to push for an increase in license fees
Washington State Legislature
and of course, it's sponsored by many of the same people that want to ban semi-auto firearms and standard cap mags in WA.

WDFW looking at license fee increases for fishing and hunting
HOOK AND FUR: Hunting anf fishing licenses might cost more - The Eatonville Dispatch

Ray

WDFW NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife

January 24, 2017

Hunting and fishing licenses for the 2017-2018 season are now available
OLYMPIA – Recreational fishing and hunting licenses for the 2017-2018 season, which begins April 1, 2017, are available for sale today.
Typically, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) begins to sell the upcoming year's licenses in December.
With the release of our new licensing system last month, we opted to delay selling 2017-18 licenses in order to avoid printing licenses from two separate systems, with slightly different formatting, for a single license year," said Peter Vernie, the department's licensing division manager.

With an additional month to refine the system, WDFW is now ready to process 2017-18 licenses, he added.

To me it doesn't sound like the correct information and tell legislators haven't voted on it yet.
I'll keep digging...

Last Edited:
From the CCA,

CCA said:
Hello Ray,

In the last Ripple Effect, CCA Washington's print newsletter, Gary Loomis wrote this article - Sport Fishing at a Crossroads
< https://www.votervoice.net/BroadcastLinks/STDvGV_7LUNs0xihQHNcqA > . Gary's article and the rest of the Ripple Effect couldn't be more relevant today with pending hearings on WDFW's proposed budget and fee increase, uncertainty surrounding Fish and Wildlife Commission appointments, and many other threats to our fisheries.

Next Thursday, February 9 at 1:30PM the House Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing on WDFW's proposed fishing license fee increase legislation (HB 1647 < Washington State Legislature > ) in Olympia (House Hearing Room B, John L O'Brien Building). It is critical for anglers to be in Olympia on Thursday to stand up for fair and equitable license fees, budgets, and policies that address the issues negatively impacting recreational fishing opportunity and the conservation of our salmon and steelhead.

Please open the attached document or click here
< https://www.votervoice.net/BroadcastLinks/1shrKq5FYuTH9OscDTlomA > for more details on this very important issue! We look forward to seeing you next Tursday, February 9 in Olympia at 1:30PM in the House Hearing Room B - John L O'Brien Building.

Have a great weekend,
CCA Washington

I can't make it (will be out of state), but I hope some of you can.

Ray

I am glad I don't even get the CRBE for my WA or OR fishing license. I just fish ponds, lakes, and rivers in Oregon, and Puget Sound in Washington.

I will not buy into the CRE BS again. WDFW has proven that they know near nothing about managing resources or doing the right thing by producing ample hatchery fish for the masses.:mad::mad::mad:
I'm targeting kokanee, catfish, walleye and other warm water species this year.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top