Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Nighthawk AAC 1911

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by littlegsxr, Sep 8, 2011.

1. littlegsxr

littlegsxr Below Canada. Active Member

Has anyone handled/shot one of these beauties in person? The Nighthawk AAC 1911. I am interested in getting my first high end 1911. It is between this and a Wilson CQB Tac LE.

2. littlegsxr

Does anyone have any Nighthawk vs Wilson experience? The response is overwhelming folks, I am having a tough time sifting thru all these ideas

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  3. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

There's been a bit of an exodus of people leaving Nighthawk recently. But after Ron Phillips and a couple others left a year or so ago, their QC has slipped a bit.

A few years back Nighthawk made a couple models named for two top 'smiths. They pulled out as NH wasn't holding up their end of the bargain on quality and overall agreement of parts used etc.

For a semi-custom maker, right now it would be hard to beat Wilson.

4. littlegsxr

I appreciate the reply. I already placed my order for the Nighthawk, so the wait begins. I really like the Wilson's, and will be getting one probably next year. The reason I chose the AAC 1911, well basically I couldn't get over the looks. I know it is cosmetics, but I have been wanting a Silencerco Osprey can.

5. 45 for me

45 for me Oregon Well-Known Member

The osprey rocks, and it tests the quietest on a 1911 versus all the other threaded barrel platforms (hk, glock, sig, fnp, etc). I hope it works out for you. I haven't ever shot a nighthawk, but they sure look nice.

P.S. Major Malfunction an out of the home dealer in OK had the best prices when I bought mine. Something like $699 + shipping, tranferred to your local SOT.