JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Want to put some new sights on my Glock 23. Not sure what to go with and would like some input. I don't take it to the range much....Mayber once every other month, but carry it daily.

Which do you prefer for conceal carry, and what brand do you recommend?

Thanks

Todd

I carry every day and I also shoot competitions, I prefer fiberoptics for comp pistol and trijicon night sights for my daily carry. I am out quite a bit a night with little to no light. I want to know where my shots are going and in low light I cant pick up the fiber optics nearly as fast as the trijicons.

I think I had a similar question quite some time ago but for a home defense weapon, and the "consensus" was that night sights alone are not sufficient in an HD situation, you want to see where you're aiming and your target, and it came down to personal preference (night sights/fiber optic) and tactical light.

Being out at night a lot, lighting your target and what's behind it is a huge deal. I use an Eagletac D25a light that is a single AA size light that puts out over 500lumens with a 14500 lithium battery.

Yep, the TFO is awesome. I had them on the Glock 22 that I sold several years ago, very bright and easy to pick up. Why choose between fiber and tritium, get the one with both! LOL Everyone who shot that gun loved the sights. I ended up putting Trijicon's on the G19 that replaced the 22, and I'm going to try out an XS Big Dot on the 1911 I'm building right now, but the TFO is a great option that I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

^^
For a self defense gun I like the nite sights on my Sig.
For a target or hunting gun I would choose fiber optic.

A combination site like a TRUGLO TFO seems to be the best of both worlds.
If I was in the market now, I would get something like a TRUGLO TFO.

I have the TruGlo TFO on my Sig P6, and in daylight the target acquisition is awesome. I'm 66 and my eyes aren't what they used to be. Best of both worlds, indeed, but also keep a small bright flashlight around, too .
DSCN135.jpg

DSCN1359jpg.jpg

DSCN135.jpg

+1 for the Truglo TFO sights. They are the best sights available in my opinion. Cheapest place to get them is Optics Planet. Your Glock 23 will take the TG131GT1 (Green on Green) or the TG131GT1Y (Green front, Yellow rear). I had the all green set on my previous Glock 19 and loved them.

Actually you can get a set from Botachtactical for $80 it looks like, and not only do you get free shipping, but you get a 10% off while the discount is active.

Here is the link.... hop on it while they are in stock and while the discount is active. :s0155:
<broken link removed>

Tru-Glo TFO's x whatever

I've been running them on my Glock 17 for maybe 5 years now, and the only complaint I have was initially the rear site wouldn't stay tight and a few times during shooting it loosened up. I should have used some Loc-Tite to begin with and I wouldn't have had that problem.

They are still bright to this day, and work extremely well, in high, low and no light conditions. I would recommend them to anyone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top