JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This is a pretty nice rifle for the price. Its a yougo 98 mauser action with a decent old monte carlo stock. my guess is a fajen. I cant say weather the barrel is a turned down military original barrel or an after market. 350.00 or best. trades are possible. I like lever guns and could use a good revolver.
I attached a picture as a file. you might have to open it. ...tj3006

20130910_141703.jpg

not very common any more but ruger still makes 2 rifles in the 7x57 and all us ammo makers show rounds for it. it a great round and lots of them are out there.

The scope on the rifle now is a four power tasco. I have some other scopes we could talk about. not sure what the production model number is but its a 98 with the mag box that will hold the 57 mauser case but not the 06. 503 515 4176

thanks for the information. My gunsmith told me its a Yugo. I suspected that it was not a milsurp barrel but was not sure. An after market barrel would likely have less millage on it

Nice rifle. Good guy and nowhere near an obsolete caliber. Obsolete calibers are those no longer in production, not a caliber made by EVERY manufacturer from 139 grains to 175's(y'know, for Karamojo Bell's 1,000+ head of elephant, he used a 7x57, called a .275 Rigby by the Brits, using a technique of braining the dominant bull elephant, then running up ON TOP of it's dead body and using that vantage point to slaughter the rest of the herd.). Possibly my favorite rifle cartridge.

Why didn't you tell me about this one when we did the .35 Whelen deal?! Good luck to you. If it is still available next time I'm up north, I'm taking it off your hands.

Obsolete my ***. Step away from the keyboard remove your mall ninja costume and learn something about guns that arent made from plastic. Its on my short list of best rifle rounds ever. Do some reading, expand your knowledge, and learn why.

thanks kippy, I still have not shot that .308 as I am training for a new job, not much time, hope you are enjoying the 35wclambo that's a well thought out responce

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.