JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Got a set of 223 dies for Christmas, but don't own a 223.
For sale is a Lee Pacesetter die set. This set includes a full length sizing, bullet seating, and factory crimp die. Also have a Lee universal rifle charging die. Box says is works on calibers from 22 Hornet to 308, and allows your powder measure to sit on top of the die just like Lee pistol expander dies. I paid $23 for the 223 dies and $10 for the charge die from Midway, that's what I'd like to get out of them. FTF in Salem/Keizer area.

If I were going to have small base dies, I'd also want a regular set. Small base dies really work the metal and imho, shorten the life of the case.

I'd only use a small base die if I were having trouble closing a bolt, and then I'd only use it once. This could happen if I bought mil. brass which had been fired from an automatic weapon, and then tried to use it in close tolerance bolt rifle, for instance.

I've never needed a small base die for 5.56/223, but then I fire it only in an AR. I've reloaded and used a LOT of LC mil. brass with those Lee dies.

$.02

Almost no rifle dies are carbide - way too expensive to produce for the odd shapes. They are made for some very high end automated commercial equipment, I've been told.

Straight-walled pistol dies have just a carbide ring to size them and it slips down them. That's far easier to produce so most of those pistol dies are carbide these days. All Lee pistol dies are carbide AFAIK. ??

It is a sad day when someone has to buy his own Christmas present!!!
And even sadder when he bought it and forgot he didn't have a 223!!!

Actually my wife got me these when I was looking for a mini 14, but I ended up buying something else. Bunch of freakin comedians around here:cool:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.