JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was checking the Newberg Bi-mart looking to get a bean bag for my son for Christmas and lucked out. There was a freshly wheeled out hand truck with cases of ammo. Scored some 22LR and plinker 9mm. There was Winchester 333 packs and Blazer 525 in 22LR and a couple types of 9mm. The clerk was on the phone for something and by the time she finished and asked me what I wanted there were half a dozen guys in line for the stuff. First 22LR I've seen in a store in over a year. Now if I can just find some H4831SC..........

And that's why it seams like theres a shortage. Because before it hits the shelves theres 1/2 dozen goobers standing there to buy all they can just like they did last week and the week before.

Really? So when was the last time you saw any Federal 22lr? I got one 500 round box in Feb. and Sportsman's had 300 round match grade in round nitrogen filled cans. That's all I've seen since Feb. All I see is Remington & CCI. I thought it was a NW thing. But I'm on the Marlin Owner forum too. Someone there asked what people were seeing. Guess what, same thing. Remington & CCI mainly all across the country.

Last year everyone had Federal, American Eagle (made by Federal) and Remington in bulk. And CCI stuff like Mini Mags. BiMart, Fisherman's, Walmart or Sportsman's Warehouse, just about anywhere you went. How much of that Federal & American Eagle are you seeing this year?

The magazines can write all the articles they want tells us we're the problem. But I've bought about 25% as much 22lr this year as I did last year. And about 1/10th as much 9mm. Last year I was buying S&B 9mm at NW Armory for $10 a box. As much as you wanted, anytime you wanted.

When I do buy 22lr or 9mm the other guys buying it are like me. Guys that shoot it. So I'm going to keep buying that one box of 22lr I find about every other month. If I'm a goober I'm only 25% of what I was last year.

On the plus side I bought a Marlin 22lr bolt gun this year with the money I saved. Helps slow me down on the ammo I do have. And it doesn't mind the Remington ammo.

Don

Well, I'll consider that a good thing. In the last lot of Federal Champion .22 I bought, the priming compound had completely fallen out of 12 out of every 100 rounds. I sent them the box per their instructions and can't get any information out of them since. I understand they're probably busy and a box of .22 isn't spit in the grand scheme of things, but I got to hoping that they could at least tell me if the lot is trash or what they determined. Oh well. I see how much they stand behind their product.

Sportsman in Salem was selling Federal Auto Match in Bulk here a week or two ago. Just because a person does not see .22 ammo during the 5min out of 4200 min a week that a store might be open means nothing. At BiMart for instance I have been in around noon on a Tuesday and the guy at the counter tells me they sold off the weeks shipment in the first 2 hours they were open. 10 bricks worth of ammo.

If the manufacturers are working 24/7 at max capacity as they say they are then the only answer is that its us buying faster then they have ever been able to make it.

Ten bricks of ammo? For a weekly shipment to a BiMart. And you think the problem is us? Last year BiMart ran one or two sales a month on bricks of .22lr. Fishermans would run a sale about every other month.

I do believe Remington & CCI are making all they can. But I think Federal IS the problem. The only thing I've seen from them is Match ammo like you saw. Seen any Federal Champion in the last 6 months at a store. Even heard of anyone seeing or buying any? Or American Eagle?

Believe what you're told. I'm not believing the problem is us. Not enough ammo showing up to support that story.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top