JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome Aboard:s0101:

OK so you need to take a little personal responsibility here and contact ATF in your state of residence and apply for a UPIN Unique Personal Identification Number .
This will Solve the Delayed responce From NICS It's not anyones fault but your's you can't expect the big box store to jump thru hoops
Just my 2 cents hope this helps .
Really? So I'm guilty until I prove my innocence. Sounds like #LiberalLogic
So everything I've read indicates to obtain a UPIN you have to go through the FBI-NICS in West Virginia. Would you care to elaborate on the ATF contact in WA state?
Second thing is reading the posts on this forum it would seem to indicate that the UPIN is not all that helpful. Maybe in a handful of cases.

I am really surprised no one here has chimned in about the cpl license and walking out with your firearm, rifle or pistol. I do know folks that have had that bull###t laid on them at SW in Kennewick. It's powertrip thing for them.

OK! Just thought I'd post an update.
Still have not heard a word from Sportsmans Warehouse. Of course no response from NICS. So I went to this other gun store and bought another gun. Of course NICS comes back with 'Delay.' So I'm expecting a 3-day wait. Then they tell me I've got to wait 10 days because of I-594. I say my CPL exempts me from this. They tell me their "AFT" agent tells them they have to make me wait 10 days. Now I didn't mention I am 110 mile round trip from home. This sale took place on Nov 3. So the salesman tells me Nov 20 I can pick up my gun. I check the calendar to make sure Nov 20 is the full 10 days. Ok, so I'm pissed, but resign myself to deal with it. Now the 'good' part. I come back on Nov 20 to pick up my gun. Some other salesman is there and decides to look at the calendar. Then he says, wait a minute, wasn't there a holiday in there? Oh yeah, Veterans Day. But that was on a Saturday. But it was 'observed' on Friday. So you have to wait one more day. And they always ask, do you have a CPL? Yes I do! Still gotta wait one more day. Then I'm really pissed so I tell them to refund my money and keep their gun!!!! 110 mile round trip for nothing and I'm NOT coming back.
In the mean time I had ordered another gun from BudsGunshop, filled out the paper work at yet another gun store and come back 'Delayed'. My '3-day' wait for this was up on Nov 21st. This time I go pick up my gun just like I've done for 20 years of getting 'Delayed' by NICS.
So what the hell is going on?? They've got so many overlapping gun laws the lefthand doesn't know what the righthand is doing.
Now I have to reorder another one for the one I told them to keep. It was a good price too, but it's just the principle of the thing. I'm old and don't have time to put up with this crap and I don't 'need' the gun anyway!:D
Sorry for the rant. I waited 2 days or it would have been worse. :(

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR