JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Robert RTG has just received the first shipment of the long awaited AC unity WIDE G3 hand guard WITH a metal bipod mount.

Anyone that has desired a wide handguard has been SOL with the lack of supply, well now you have the chance to pick one up.
There are some aesthetic differences in terms of design. Check it out and see.

RTG also has reproduction HK type bipods for a reasonable price ($80) for the wide handguard to complete the look. "If" you've ever desired such a thing.

AC unity as mentioned in a previous post has also picked up the mantle and begain supplying those awesome Cherokee cheek rests you can trim to fit any standard fixed buttstock.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I read somewhere (on the Internet......so BBW) that the wide HK handguards were not military issue but were commercial stocks. ???? Not sure if that is entirely accurate, but it seems that you see a lot of narrow handguards on rifles in the hands of infantry.

-E-

I read somewhere (on the Internet......so BBW) that the wide HK handguards were not military issue but were commercial stocks. ???? Not sure if that is entirely accurate, but it seems that you see a lot of narrow handguards on rifles in the hands of infantry.

-E-
Oh interesting. Makes sense as the wide handguard and bipod are not at all low profile, that and the way the bipod folds away leaves a lot to be desired with how sloppy it can be.
Either way, those wide forearms have been a pain to find for a while.

AC Unity wide forearm came in today.
Decent ribbed plastic, decent heat shield and HS rivets, bipod cut-out moulds taper very well allowing for a nicer lock up when folded.

Some side to side movement when legs are deployed but the locking tab prevents full rotation as the standard wide forearms do.

Front "metal" bipod endcap is (I believe) aluminum or AC unity's zinc/magnesium "wonder metal" they use in the lugs of their AK mags. Not sure how soft it is or how well it will hold up, but it was not magnetic. I do have some concern of its longevity.

I have not tested the QD cups to see if they work as intended. I took a magnet to them after mounting.. unsure if they are steel or if the magnet is pulling thru and grabbing due to the steel of the rifle. They are a type of metal, cold to the touch. Ill have to dismount tomorrow and play with it.

Bipod is also from RTG at the same cost as the forearm $79.
Ill be taking this out to the range in 2-3 weeks to see how it holds up.

4EF5B47C-AE06-4813-9E4C-F9E78A8FDD15.jpeg A9460FCD-9F90-4716-B4A0-B2BAF49A0F13.jpeg

Nice review ZA. Mine came in last Saturday but haven't had time to install and review yet. First thoughts are looks pretty good. Definitely a little different than an OG though.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews