JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone, new user. My name is Chris I'm a novice in the gun world. I have never sold a gun and would like to do so properly. I have an AR-16 with some ammo I don't need and would like to sell it. I guessing I would have to meet a buyer at a gun broker? Lots of dumb questions here so be gentle :)

Welcome. You should look up a FFL ( Federal Firearms License ) in the area. Some pawn shops, gun stores, and indivuals are licensed to run back ground checks. It will cost a little bit (most are like $20-$30) to run the back ground check. When you find one you would like to work with then post up the AR-15 for sale here.

Copy thanks. Never used an FFL before. I have to think of this like selling cars. I want to release ownership to someone who is allowed to own the gun. I don't really care where I go if the buyer has a preference is that ok?

Copy thanks. Never used an FFL before. I have to think of this like selling cars. I want to release ownership to someone who is allowed to own the gun. I don't really care where I go if the buyer has a preference is that ok?
Yes, OK. You should look at the classified section. You can get some ideas of what to do when posting.
Like this pistol that was recently posted.
" I prefer to meet at A Cut above in Beaverton or Tigard Pawn 4 More for the transfer ($25 at either place)."

Copy thank you! Once I have a buyer, agree on a price and location, what do I need to bring. Just me, ID, gun, and money for the BG check? I don't remember if I got any paperwork for the lower ( I understand it's the registered portion of the gun)...

You can make the buyer pay for the back ground check or you can pay, that is up to you. Bring as much info as you can for the buyer and FFL. You will need a valid ID at least and of course the rifle.

Hello Chris. Welcome. Great to have you here. I haven't sold a gun, but I have bought a few. I've used Tigard Pawn 4 More & A Cut Above. Both really friendly and helpful. You could give them a call and I'm sure they could answer all your questions. GLWS!

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top