JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

I was asked to introduce myself, however i have been on this site but have had trouble getting on so that i had to sign up again useing a diffrent e-mail,

Well what i have been doing is getting my paperwork ready, i have someone that will be training me and he helped me out with the paper work as well as show me some handguns, and before i went to him i did hold a number of diffrent ones but did not shoot any, Well i seemed have kept going back to the taurus 9 mm and he allowed me to shoot it and the first time was high and to the right and the second time was right in the middle, this all happened because he saw the list of handguns that i was going to look at and that is why we went to that point, some of the smaller ones i just did not like how they felt in my hand and ended up putting them away, i almost bought this gun but i am going back on friday and will explain to him that i have read that shoot before you buy well, it was told to me from someone on another list to shoot some more guns because he did not think that the Taurus was a good choice, it just is not his kind of gun and after speaking to him about i was starting to get stressed
becasue this gun really felt good in my hand and i was able to shoot it, but that person that has been helping from another group has been a great help to me and i am very greatful, i know everyone says shoot before you buy however i am in NJ and the ranges he you have to be invited in, now i have a couple of ranges in PA note far from me, however from what i understand i have to be invited into the range or join from what i understand and i know they rent handguns for people to try when they are looking to find a gun,

I am glad i am with this guy who is a ffl trainer and private and i seemed to take to him as i am not that type of person alot of times I am uneasy when i first meet someone but that did not happen and he was nice enough to have me come over so he can help me with my paperwork as it was a bit confusing to me.

So i am looking foward to going back friday to see if i am going to get the gun that i planned on or if i am going to recheck the others that i looked at , i hate to say that i have to watch how much money i spend, i know a number of handguns that i would really like and that would be a Beretta and Smith and Wesson, now i handled my friends husband Smith and Wesson but it seemed big for me so that might not be the one for me.

would love input of others in the group most important from other ladies that shoot.

The other thing i can not believe is i was looking at the smith and Wesson bodyguard and my trainer showed it to me and i could not believe how small it was. i just can't get over how small the guns are that you carry, as i live in NJ so i will not be able to do that.

Lisa, Hamilton NJ

I purchased the taurus 9 and I love it. It is a nice gun to shoot and ammo isn't too expensive. I found that with my first few rounds, it jammed. I checked youtube and found out that the manufacturers lube needed to be cleaned out and the gun re-oiled. Worked great after that. You might try the bersa 380 to see how that feels. But make sure YOU are comfortable with it, what ever you buy. Good luck!

I would like to thank everyone for your input, i will be going back to the trainer of Friday to see if that is the gun or not or if i have to pick another one.

Lisa, Hamilton NJ

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads