JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend recommended I check this site out, and I am glad I did. I have never participated in a site like this, not a blogger or such so am going to have to learn the ropes. I used to be into firearms a lot then got away from it for a while, now I want to get back into them. Just built my first AR and I am hooked. I hope to learn a lot here. Thanks for having me.:)

A friend recommended I check this site out, and I am glad I did. I have never participated in a site like this, not a blogger or such so am going to have to learn the ropes. I used to be into firearms a lot then got away from it for a while, now I want to get back into them. Just built my first AR and I am hooked. I hope to learn a lot here. Thanks for having me.:)

It sounds like this is your first foray into the world of online forums. If that's correct, then please allow me to offer a few words of advice:

1. The internet is open to everyone, including people who are interested in nothing more than drawing YOU into an argument or exchange of insults, slander, and innuendo. While most forums work hard to spot these people and kick them out, no system is perfect and there will always be a few. Don't bother trying to "one-up" them or "put them in their place" because you're only wasting keystrokes and they aren't worth it.

2. Word your posts and comments as if everyone knows who you are, where you work, and where you live. Be polite and courteous, and make sure you differentiate between fact and opinion. People often state their opinion as if it were fact (and usually in a snide or condescending way) and often wind up embarrassing themselves.

3. Resist the urge to spook the herd. There are (and have always been) dozens of legislative bills floating around that seek to destroy the rights of gun owners. Before posting an "Oh my God, they're coming to take our guns away!" thread, noodle around the forum (using the Search feature) to see if a particular topic has already been addressed. In fact, the Search feature is an extremely useful place to start when looking for info on just about anything.

Good luck, and welcome to NWFA! :s0155:

It sounds like this is your first foray into the world of online forums. If that's correct, then please allow me to offer a few words of advice:

1. The internet is open to everyone, including people who are interested in nothing more than drawing YOU into an argument or exchange of insults, slander, and innuendo. While most forums work hard to spot these people and kick them out, no system is perfect and there will always be a few. Don't bother trying to "one-up" them or "put them in their place" because you're only wasting keystrokes and they aren't worth it.

2. Word your posts and comments as if everyone knows who you are, where you work, and where you live. Be polite and courteous, and make sure you differentiate between fact and opinion. People often state their opinion as if it were fact (and usually in a snide or condescending way) and often wind up embarrassing themselves.

3. Resist the urge to spook the herd. There are (and have always been) dozens of legislative bills floating around that seek to destroy the rights of gun owners. Before posting an "Oh my God, they're coming to take our guns away!" thread, noodle around the forum (using the Search feature) to see if a particular topic has already been addressed. In fact, the Search feature is an extremely useful place to start when looking for info on just about anything.

Good luck, and welcome to NWFA! :s0155:

Exceptional post! +1:s0155:

and ...Welcome Foureyes!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR